Nitto tires

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

smj999smj
Site Admin

Nitto tires

Postby smj999smj » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:44 pm

Anybody have an experience with the Nitto Crosstek or Nitto Dura Grappler on an R51? I love my Michelin LTX M/S2's but $800/set is a little tough on the wallet right now. My boss, who's a tire dealer, has the Crosstek's on his 04 Titan and swears by them. I do mostly highway driving and paved roads and see snow about 5 or 6 days a year, but have to get to work regardless of weather. I can get a set of Fuzion SUV's for $400/set and they're not a bad tire, but the Nitto Dura Grappler looks like a much better and tougher tire (listed as a "commercial/highway tire") and I can get it for a good price ($133 each).

aadadams

Postby aadadams » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:17 pm

I bought the Crossteks and have been quite happy... Plenty of snow and rain here.

See my thread here http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... o+crosstek

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:21 pm

Thanks for the link! My friend says similar things about them on his Titan, which often pulls a horse trailer. I can get them for $135 each ($540/set) from him and I can install them myself, as well as do wheel alignments, at his shop. I can get the Dura Grapplers for $8/set cheaper, so basically the same price, but the Crossteks due have a slightly better treadwear rating. I like the look of the Dura Grapplers better and it seems to be more of a highway tread, so I'm going to have to think about it!

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu May 01, 2014 9:12 pm

I ended up going with the Nitto Dura Grapplers. They don't look as aggressive in person as they do in pics. The Crossteks are probably a little better tire, but something about the "V's" on the sidewall just didn't appeal to me. I might get them installed next week if I get some time.

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”