Onscreen air pressure tire order

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

BigEz

Onscreen air pressure tire order

Postby BigEz » Wed May 07, 2014 1:53 pm

Does anyone know the order of the onscreen air pressure readings. My onscreen info shows a list of all 4 tire pressures, but I don't know which tire has what pressure because they are not labeled.

merrion13

Postby merrion13 » Thu May 08, 2014 7:51 pm

The first is the driver's front, then it goes clockwise around the vehicle.

BigEz

Postby BigEz » Fri May 09, 2014 11:38 am

merrion13 wrote:The first is the driver's front, then it goes clockwise around the vehicle.
Thanks, that's easy enough to remember..

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu May 15, 2014 11:32 pm

That's all assuming the tire pressure sensors are re-programmed every time the tires are rotated. If you rotated the tires and don't re-program, then the tire pressures with be out of order on the screen.

BigEz

Postby BigEz » Fri May 16, 2014 4:43 am

smj999smj wrote:That's all assuming the tire pressure sensors are re-programmed every time the tires are rotated. If you rotated the tires and don't re-program, then the tire pressures with be out of order on the screen.
Well crap, that's not good.... I rotated my tires every 10,000 miles or so. I guess the onscreen will have limited use. I'll be able to see if one is low, but not know which tire that is without checking at tire. Seems like a funky design to me. - thanks

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Fri May 16, 2014 5:08 am

BigEz wrote:Seems like a funky design to me. - thanks
I'm pretty sure that's how they all work. For an '08 non-luxury vehicle, this is a pretty sophisticated system to even show the psi. Most others just threw a light that didn't tell you anything.

FLiPMaRC

Postby FLiPMaRC » Fri May 16, 2014 6:38 am

I'm just happy the TPMS warning light hasn't come on. It's been 6 months now :lol:

I do check the onscreen PSI readings once in a while. But I manually check the tire pressures on all my cars once a month.

BigEz

Postby BigEz » Fri May 16, 2014 12:43 pm

Well they don't need it to ID the tire with a lable. Just stay in order would be fine. I like to monitor the heat up as weather changes. I prefer front/41psi & rear/40psi at highway temp. It's a good ride in combo with my shock and bag adjustments. Right now that makes cold temp 35/36psi. As it gets Hot here in Texas, I need to drop a little to maintain preferred highway pressure.

Regardless of preferred pressures. It gives me a better ride in the morning.. neighborhood speed bumps, city streets, dirt road on weekend, but stiffens up for my 125+ mile daily drive at 75mph on interstate. It can also tell me if one tire is performing differently from others, which could point to an alignment change.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Fri May 16, 2014 1:07 pm

Unfortunately they're not all that accurate. If you stop at any point and compare the screen to a good digital gauge, they're usually off by a few psi and not always an equal amount. They're good for see that the tires are in the ballpark but that's about it.

BigEz

Postby BigEz » Fri May 16, 2014 1:33 pm

skinny2 wrote:Unfortunately they're not all that accurate. If you stop at any point and compare the screen to a good digital gauge, they're usually off by a few psi and not always an equal amount. They're good for see that the tires are in the ballpark but that's about it.
Yea, I'd agree.. But mine seem to be pretty close. Never more than 2psi from gauge reading. And they are pretty consistent on my daily drive.

I never used it much the first 6 months, but since doing some tweaking on all suspension settings, I find it very useful. I get a lot of ass-time to monitor things. :lol:

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”