2005 Path LE 4X2 transmission problem

Discussion topics related to the radiator and transmission failures in all Nissan trucks, education of the public on this issue, and attempts to force Nissan to start a recall.

Moderator: volvite

JLC

2005 Path LE 4X2 transmission problem

Postby JLC » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:54 am

New here to this forum! I am having a problem with my transmission that the dealership nor anyone else can figure out. First, no mixing of any fluids, radiator was bypassed. Radiator was drained and inspected for contamination and also the ATF, guess they didn't trust their bypass. Second, Consult II come up with P1754 and P1764 had TCM and Valve body replaced along with new fluid. As soon as the mechanic turned the key the O/D light lit right back up and stayed on just as it was before. Never had a check engine light before or after just the O/D light. Consult II confirmed the same codes. Now they say its electrical. Every ground connection, electrical connection, wiring harness (including the two to the TCM) have been checked. Three pink and three blue wires that were found in the box with the IPDM were found soldered together and placed inside rubber tubing and taped these were corroded and that was fixed. Dealership stated that these wires were spliced at the factory? It is in limp mode, the O/D light is on, it runs great in reverse, in park and neutral the rpms will rev, when placed in Drive it will slowly go forward and after it gets to moving you can do any speed you want but it won't shift at all, due to limp mode I assume. There has never been any problems with shutter or strange noises. It has 110,000 on it and never had a problem. New IPDM board was replaced at around 90,000. One other thing its doing, it shows it has 42 miles to DTE and one trip around a city block and it shows empty. Live in a very small town so the trip around the block is three minutes or less. Any ideas or thoughts you have that I can take to the mechanic would be appreciated. This has started getting very expensive with no good outcomes.

Eckie

Postby Eckie » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:26 pm

Hey there, did you get any further with this.
I have just logged on to this site, and have had my Pathfinder on a hoist for the last 6 months, I had issues with the transmission which has previously been reconditioned twice due to a faulty megatronics on the trans, (my suggestion to anyone with a small shudder or 'lag"as they call it is to follow this up like a rabbit dog until they fix it) this was replaced and it had never run better, then all of a sudden I had a big bang while stationary and idling, and it seems there is an issue with the transfer case, once this was repaired there is still the issue you are having. Have you made any progress. I can get error codes if that will assist in further investigation.

Return to “Nissan Transmission FAIL”