New guy from the UK

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

PathfinderManUK

New guy from the UK

Postby PathfinderManUK » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:52 am

Hi everybody,

Thought I'd do the newbie thing and stick a post up here.

At last I've found a Pathfinder forum - nothing like this in the UK (that I could find anyway). Came from a Subaru Impreza - massive online community so was feeling a bit left out till I found this place.

No pics as of yet but I have a new 06 Pathfinder Aventura - thats the name for the top model in the UK. Has the 2.5 DCI engine (not the 4.0 V6 you all have here!), leather, snav with rear camera etc etc, in Silver.

Looking forward to making a few mods to put my mark on it, interested in how the front door trims come off to change the standard speakers if anyone can help? 8)

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:45 am

Sounds like a nice Pathy. Too bad we couldn't get the diesel here. Only one engine and my wife doesn't use all that power anyway. Good luck with the new ride.

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:15 am

I am so jealous of your motor! What are the specs on it?

We're finally getting clean ULSD fuel on this side of the pond at the end of the year, so hopefully we'll get to see Nissan's fine Diesel engines soon.

PathfinderManUK

Hi!

Postby PathfinderManUK » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:18 am

Hey guys,

Thanks for the welcome! :D

We get the 4.0V6 here too but it costs a few grand more than the top diesel and because of the type of buyers over here wouldn't be as resaleable. Fuel costs are stupid over here and most people go for diesel these days.

I was cautious at first as I'd read about all the problems that x-trail owners had been getting with their 2.2dci's. Turns out that is one of Renault's engines and the diesel in mine is a Nissan designed/manufactured unit.

Specs are:- 174bhp 295lbft you can also put a diesel tuning box (£250) on which takes this upto around 210bhp 345lbft ish.

Gets leather, xenons with washers, side steps, smart key (keyless door entry/engine start), snav with colour rear view camera - automatically engaged with reverse gear and door mirrors automatically turn down to show curb. Sunroof, electric heated memory seats, voice activation for snav with bluetooth phone connection - also voice controlled. Looks-wise, seems very similar to the pics you are all posting - we get Goodyear tyres over here with 17" alloys.

Just_Visiting

Postby Just_Visiting » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:44 pm

Welcome!!! How about a part number for your xenon headlamp assembly? If you ever come across it, please post it here.

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”