longer lugs available for 07' as Fuel Hostages lugs half on!

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

MountainPath

longer lugs available for 07' as Fuel Hostages lugs half on!

Postby MountainPath » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:33 am

Mounted the Fuel hostages, 17's with Toyo 285x70's an realize now that bolt threads do not come all the way flush or more. Surprised as never imagined material thickness an issue, focused on bolt pattern and offset! any knock out stock lugs and find longer with same size? Or someone try a thin spacer which had longer lugs??

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:10 pm

This is something I never noticed. I used to have wheel adapters on mine because Fuel wasn't able to get me our original bolt patter, so I used adapters. But with taht said, I needed to grind my OEM studs don in order to fit them.

When Fuel finally had wheels available in our bolt pattern, I obviously needed new studs. I ordered the studs from Courtesy and they fit fine. I have 18x9, -12 w/ 325 65's, and they've been fine for over a year.

Are there no threads at all showing? Is the wheel even flush on the hub?

MountainPath

possible solution in the wings...

Postby MountainPath » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:43 pm

Honestly, after local shop put them on i didnt really notice an issue because, as you know, Fuels usually have a plastic cover over the studs/lugs once mounted. Well when i went with a rancho quickloft and about all new suspension components, i really noticed the stud only comes about 5/8's thru the lug. Not even close to flush. I had driven on them maybe 500 miles but no offroading at this point. Finding longer studs with the correct knurl has been a pita. The rim/tire supplier just sent me the deep reach lugs that should get me 5-7 more turns. I'll find out in the morning. But the rims rest correctly againest the hub and are correct fit otherwise. It's just the thickness of the Fuels are much different than OEM. I never realized a lot of people apparently ride around on lugs not barely half on. The offroad shop i used for te suspension work said they have a few broken front ends/wheels coming loose each year, usually when offroading.

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”