Fuel Economy Record

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

jhancelot

Fuel Economy Record

Postby jhancelot » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:47 pm

Hi There

I bought my 2012 Nissan Pathfinder LE a couple of weeks ago, so I'm still getting used to everything. I was quite eager to try out the Fuel Economy Record feature. I had this idea that every time I fill up I would click "Reset" and I'd end up with a history of my fuel economy. But what I notice is the screen is wiped out every time I shut off the vehicle. There is no "history"... only the right-most column is populated, the rest of the columns are blank. If I click "Reset", then I get 2 columns, but again, it goes back to 1 column whenever I shut off the engine. Is this normal behaviour, because if so that is weak!

thanks, J.

Cme2c

Postby Cme2c » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:02 pm

No it's not.

FLiPMaRC

Postby FLiPMaRC » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:13 am

Nope, mine keeps a history.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Mon May 28, 2018 7:01 pm

Its not normal.

There is a memory capacitor (for lack of a better word) in the Bose stereo that keeps this.
You should also see an inability to change the time on your time and it keeping the new time with this condition.

The good news is it can be fixed.
The bad news is the dealer will want over 2 grand for it ( fix via new bose stereo)

However I been told a quality stereo shop can send the radio away to be fixed for much less.
(havent tried it yet)

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”