USB drive

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

blackbeagle

USB drive

Postby blackbeagle » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:49 pm

I have a 14 Pathfinder SL w/o Navigation. I want to use an external hard drive with my music in it to play through AUx. However it is not working. When i plug it in, nothing happens. It just says check connection on device. I plug it iinto mmy computer and it has no pproblem recognizing it. But when i plug it into USB slot nothing works. Can someone explain to me what i am doing wrong?

blackbeagle

Postby blackbeagle » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:46 pm

I find that when you plug in an external drive it won't recognize it. But it will with a flash drive. It recognized mine. However you can't control the tunes you can play. You will have to go in the order that your songs are viewed.

Grumpah

Postby Grumpah » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:12 am

It's a flash drive, not an iPod. The car has no intelligence to control the data on your device.

JOXPATH

USB NOT WORKING FOR EXTERNAL DRIVE

Postby JOXPATH » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:12 am

The electrical current from the USB Jack will Power a Flash/Thumb Drive... but it DOES NOT have sufficient energy to Power the Spinning Disk in an typical External Hard Drive. NEW SSD (SOLID STATE DRIVES) have NO MOVING PARTS to Spin so it is possible that sometime soon in newer model years, the SSD Drives will work as the technology has matured!

Grumpah

Re: USB NOT WORKING FOR EXTERNAL DRIVE

Postby Grumpah » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:49 am

JOXPATH wrote:NEW SSD (SOLID STATE DRIVES) have NO MOVING PARTS to Spin so it is possible that sometime soon in newer model years, the SSD Drives will work as the technology has matured!
Let us know when that happens. With the Pathfinder, I wouldn't hold my breath.

vnmgteam1

OTG

Postby vnmgteam1 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:44 am

nowerdays OTG is preferred over Pendrive.

DC Motors

AC Motors

jwhittlc

Postby jwhittlc » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:56 am

I use a Sandisk 16gb thumb drive in my 2017...its the small style like a logitech keyboard USB controller. The drive must be formatted in FAT32...most of the large capacity drives are default formatted in NTSC. I have 3400 MP3 and it is completely controllable by the radio. Random, select artist, select song, etc. When I first put it in the USB port the vehicle wanted to know if I wanted to set it up with voice. Select YES or it will ask you every time you start the vehicle. Of course you don't have to use voice but all the song information is available to search through.

Return to “R52 Electrical”