Nitto Crosstek

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

aadadams

Nitto Crosstek

Postby aadadams » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:25 am

I purchased the Nitto Crosstek in a 265 65 17 from NTB for $651 OTD. That price included the road hazard and a 4 wheel alignment.

The tires look really nice on the truck. I was very pleased with them. I took a pic, but I don't have a hosting service. I know its subjective, but they appear very aggressive which papa likes! I've put on about 150 mi, and the tires are dead silent on asphalt and concrete. The Duelers were quiet on asphalt, but rather noisy on concrete, first win for the Nitto's. The traction is stellar on dry pavement. In places where I would spin on launch making right turns, no slip! So far so good, I will keep you posted. Especially, on how they behave in rain and snow when we get some.

Edit:
Last edited by aadadams on Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:52 pm

create an account on photobucket.com and upload your pix. then u can share them here if u like.

aadadams

Postby aadadams » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:27 am

I guess I avoided having a photo account for as long as I could. Photos uploaded.

EDIT: We had a really good rain today and the tire stick like glue. Under acceleration and extreme braking. Again I say, so far so good!

Jesse

Postby Jesse » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:38 am

Tires look good. Now go tint those front windows!

aadadams

Postby aadadams » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:46 pm

Hmm... I thought about doing that early on... I may revisit.

slavabon

Postby slavabon » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:27 am

Any other updates on the tires? How they perform in the rain? I'm contemplating in getting these as well.

aadadams

Postby aadadams » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:35 am

They are going strong. It's been raining a great deal here lately, so I've thoroughly tested them in that environment. While I've managed to break them loose on hard acceleration from a stop; they perform great in rain under normal circumstances even hard braking. I only have a little over 2000 miles on them, i think, but I'm certainly happy thus far.

slavabon

Postby slavabon » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:01 pm

What pressure are you running in these tires? How's the ride quality?

aadadams

Postby aadadams » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:03 pm

slavabon wrote:What pressure are you running in these tires? How's the ride quality?
I'm running them at 35 psi. The ride quality is fine... I mean, without having ridden on anything else as far as new tires go... I would not complain. They are quiet on asphalt, not much worse on concrete, and sticky in the rain. I can't wait 'til we get some snow for the last test.

mrredskin

Postby mrredskin » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:58 pm

I just purchased these from NTB ($780 w/ 3 year alignment, roadside, etc... after their buy 2 get 2 promo). Absolutely love everything about them except for one thing: MPG. did my first fill-up with these and I was averaging a good 3-4 MPG less than I was with the factory BF Goodrich. This was all highway, too. I'll keep an eye on it the next few weeks, but seriously hoping it improves. Wind was pretty strong today, tho, so I'm sure that accounted for some of the issue, slightly.

Otherwise, cornering is nice, grip on loose gravel uphill is MUCH improved over my old A/Ts, and road noise is minimal. just added a few PSI to each tire. running around 38-40 now, but have only driven to town and back since doing that.

bg5950

Nitto Crossteks

Postby bg5950 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:05 pm

I like those tires, I just got me a pair and they look so much better than the general aw's and the ride is very smooth after the first 300 miles ive put on them. Definitely consider to anybody who wants a good all season/light off-road tires

aadadams

Postby aadadams » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:51 pm

mrredskin wrote:I just purchased these from NTB ($780 w/ 3 year alignment, roadside, etc... after their buy 2 get 2 promo). Absolutely love everything about them except for one thing: MPG. did my first fill-up with these and I was averaging a good 3-4 MPG less than I was with the factory BF Goodrich. This was all highway, too. I'll keep an eye on it the next few weeks, but seriously hoping it improves. Wind was pretty strong today, tho, so I'm sure that accounted for some of the issue, slightly.

Otherwise, cornering is nice, grip on loose gravel uphill is MUCH improved over my old A/Ts, and road noise is minimal. just added a few PSI to each tire. running around 38-40 now, but have only driven to town and back since doing that.
My mpg didn't change drastically, if at all. My city highway mix still yields 14.5 - 15.8. I run mine at 36 PSI.

aadadams

Re: Nitto Crossteks

Postby aadadams » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:00 pm

bg5950 wrote:I like those tires, I just got me a pair and they look so much better than the general aw's and the ride is very smooth after the first 300 miles ive put on them. Definitely consider to anybody who wants a good all season/light off-road tires
I am still enjoying mine! I actually had an opportunity to drive in a snow storm at highway speeds on a 800 mile trek from Wisconsin to Northern VA. The tires performed very well. I did not lose traction once. By the time I reached the mountains of PA, I was driving as if the streets were dry... Great tires at an excellent price!

slavabon

Postby slavabon » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:41 am

I must agree - good all-around tire. Very quiet for its looks and feels very solid on the road. I have been running my tires for 3k miles now and they do very well in most of conditions. Dry and wet roads are no issue. Yesterday i tried ging up a steep incline with road covered in ice and had to go to 4wd. Once in 4wd - no slipping. I have yet to try them in deep snow, but compacted snow is no problem.
One negative is that MPGs are down a bit, but this is due to size up tires I went with (266-70-17):Image
Overall, i'm very pleased with these tires:Image

mrredskin

Postby mrredskin » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:33 am

It's been nearly four years since I put these on my '08 Pathfinder, and probably around 60-65k miles. With NTB's b2g2 offer, I'll probably be purchasing another set this month.

I average about 20.5-21mpg hwy at 80mph and 87 octane. 22.5+ at 65 but i can't go that slow.

Never had an issue with them these past four years

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”