The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Is this the bad radiator part #

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> Nissan Transmission FAIL
View previous topic :: View next topic  
montanacruiser

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Is this the bad radiator part # Reply with quote

Hi all I bought a used 2005 pathfinder. It has 68000 on it. I looked at the part # of the radiator and it is 21460 ea265. Is this the bad one or is mine replaced? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
smj999smj

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the original radiator.
montanacruiser

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice thanks. I called the dealer here in town and the don't even know the part # for the bad radiator! You would think that they would know this and let people know what to do about it before it becomes a problem. They said that they have had a bunch in for the trans problem but put no effort into preventing it. Rolling Eyes
smj999smj

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here's the story... The original radiators were part # 21460-EA215. Most of the radiators had the Calsonic sticker on the top tank with that part number, but some also had the 21460-EA265 part number instead. The -EA265 listing is not in the Nissan part catalog, only the -EA215. At some point, the part number was replaced by 21460-9CA2E, but there were some cooler failures under that part number, so we really have no specific part number that will tell us if the radiator is the updated part or not. That said, we can at least tell that the -EA215 and -EA265 labeled radiators are of the original design that has been prone to problems. Now, just because you have the original radiator doesn't mean it's going to fail; there's just no way to tell. So, as I've often stated, it's just cheap insurance to replace the radiator as sort of "preventative maintenance" (or do the bypass). Aftermarket radiators are cheap; transmissions are not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> Nissan Transmission FAIL All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: