New guy here. I have a VG30I with rough/rich idle.

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

Rm325

New guy here. I have a VG30I with rough/rich idle.

Postby Rm325 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:09 pm

Hi everybody, I'm new to the forum and I am in the process of removing my vg30i from my pathfinder. I've been having a few issues with it including a rough idle and black smoke out the exhause when idle (not thick but still noticable).

It seems that this has been a common issue with these cars and I've tried a few things already. First I replaced both of the throttle body injectors with remanufactured injectors. I'm suspecting I may have gotten faulty ones because I could litterally see a stream of fuel coming from them and almost puddling on to the butterfly valve. Is this normal? It doesnt seem like it to me. Can I test them?

I've also replaced the fuel pressure regulator and the fuel pump. I havent tested the fuel pressure as I dont have the tester to do so. timing belt is new and the crank sensor as well.

The ecu under the passenger seat could be a suspect also. It pulled up a code 55. My chilton book says thats a "no malfunction" code.

Also tested the pcv valve and its fine. Havent tested the egr valve, and ive noticed that the air control valve is actually missing, so it is circulating hot air at all times. I doubt this is the problem though.

I've decided to remove the engine and re-ring it as I've noticed oil on a couple of the spark plugs. I'll be doing so more tests when its out.

If anyone has any suggestions while I'm doing this I would really appreciate it.

94_pathy

Postby 94_pathy » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:01 am

Check or replace the vacuum lines, this could be the problem or part of it.

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”