Rear Tail Lights and Other Sundry Internal Lights Out

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

SCOTSLAD

Rear Tail Lights and Other Sundry Internal Lights Out

Postby SCOTSLAD » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:42 am

Dear Pathfinder Owners,

I'm having problems with my Rear Tail lights. They are both out. It's Not the Bulbs. It's not the fuses, I've checked and replaced them all !
Yet I still can't find the source of the Problem.
In addition to this some minor dashboard lights also seem to be out too !
I've checkd the Manaul and I can't find any other Fuses or Relays which could be causing this issue.
I did notice that the sounder which Beeps when I lock the car via the Key Fob seems to squeal like it's dying ! But can't find where this is located. Not sure if this is a related issue or a just another symptom of whatever the root cause is !
Anyone got any ideas of any other Fuses or Relays which might be hidden somewhere in the cars bodywork or Panels ??
Cheers
SCOTSLAD

SCOTSLAD

Tail Light Issue

Postby SCOTSLAD » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:19 am

So I've manged to locate the Fuse which is Blowing ! It's in the Fuse Box in the Engine Compaartment, the Deep one nearest the Bulkhead ! Boy What a job that was trying to get access to that Fuse Box. Geez they Didn't Design that particular Fuse Box with Ease of Access in mind!!!
In addittion to that little hurdle, the Fuses and Relays sit upsdie down in the Box, so you have to Free the Umbilical Cable protection from it's Cable tie to get it out of the Box and give you some Free room to turn it round and then be able to see and access the Fuses and Relays. Thanks Nissan for that Kypton Factor option !
Anyhow ! So Have replaced the Fuse , But alas it just keeps blowing! So It's Auto Electrician Time!!! But at least I now know a little bit more about the location of things on my Car. I'll keep you advised as to what my Auto Electrician discovers !

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:45 am

modifications are frequently the source of short circuits
got mods?

Return to “R51 General Chat”