Turning on interior lights from drivers seat?

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

porksoda

Turning on interior lights from drivers seat?

Postby porksoda » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:48 pm

I am wondering if there is a switch or button that I am not finding that will turn on all interior lights from the drivers seat? In my past vehicles usually there is a button, knob, or switch to turn on all interior lights from the drivers seat. Only way I found to do it is to simply open the drivers door and all the lights will turn on.
Thanks for any advice!

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Re: Turning on interior lights from drivers seat?

Postby skinny2 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:14 pm

porksoda wrote: Only way I found to do it is to simply open the drivers door and all the lights will turn on.
Thanks for any advice!
That's pretty much the only way I've found to do it. Not recommended at highway speeds :P Another alternative is to hit the unlock button with the remote, but they only stay on for a short period of time. Can't remember if this works while the vehicle is running or not.

Most every vehicle I've owned has a button or knob that will turn on all interior lights. I jump in/out of quite a few different vehicles that do so I'm usually looking for the switch for a few seconds before I remember Nissan apparently didn't get the memo on that one.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Re: Turning on interior lights from drivers seat?

Postby volvite » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:19 pm

porksoda wrote:I am wondering if there is a switch or button that I am not finding that will turn on all interior lights from the drivers seat? In my past vehicles usually there is a button, knob, or switch to turn on all interior lights from the drivers seat. Only way I found to do it is to simply open the drivers door and all the lights will turn on.
Thanks for any advice!
No there is not. I'm in the same boat as you and my other vehicle, 99 Grand Cherokee and other vehicles I've owned I can turn all the lights on inside with the turn of a switch or knob. Its amazing what different manufactures have as a standard feature.

twinblown

Postby twinblown » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:48 am

Reach to the overhead console switch and move it to ON. Of course that will only light the front row lights. :wink:

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:25 am

oddly, never gave it much thought before
it would be nice to figure out where to tap in to the system and install a dash switch to turn them on & off

Return to “General Automotive”