The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
What did you do to your Pathfinder today!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> General Automotive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
volvite
Sponsored Member


Joined: 16 Feb 2011
Posts: 2180
Location: Hill AFB, Utah West Point UT

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:20 pm    Post subject: What did you do to your Pathfinder today! Reply with quote

Thought we could start a thread where members post things they repaired/replaced/upgraded/removed on their pathfinders. I've seen these threads on other vehicle forums and they are one of the most active. Lets see if we can keep this thread active.


I have an 08 V8 that's a CPO. I'm coming up on the 100K miles and I took the advice of another forum member and stopped by my local dealership yesterday to see if they would replace the radiator based upon the possibility of leaking into the transmission while still under warranty. They took the pathfinder overnight and were doing overall inspection of the vehicle to see what they could/need to be replaced under warranty. Today they called and they are replacing a few seals and the auto belt tensioner. No luck on the radiator. They said there does not seem to be any cross contamination of the fluid. They had to order the belt tensioner so I should have the Pathfinder back tomorrow.
_________________
08 Pathy LE, 5.6L V8, fully loaded
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." George Patton
What did you do to your Pathfinder thread:http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?p=71760#71760
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kestral
Moderator


Joined: 12 Apr 2014
Posts: 689
Location: MA

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a major car stereo upgrade on my 2012 R51 Pathfinder installed today. Memphis car audio separates in the front doors with 6.5 Inch coaxes in the rear doors. I had a 45 watt by 4 Alpine amp installed and a separate 500 watt mono amp installed for the sub. The sub is in a sealed box it's a 12 inch Alpine type "S" subwoofer with two voice coils. I also had all the doors lined with Dynamat to improve the sound quality and help make the doors less prone to vibration. It sounds fantastic! Completely different then stock I am real happy with the results. I was going to do the install myself but realized I just don't have the time to do it so the local car audio shop cut me a real good deal on the install.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
volvite
Sponsored Member


Joined: 16 Feb 2011
Posts: 2180
Location: Hill AFB, Utah West Point UT

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kestral wrote:
I had a major car stereo upgrade on my 2012 R51 Pathfinder installed today. Memphis car audio separates in the front doors with 6.5 Inch coaxes in the rear doors. I had a 45 watt by 4 Alpine amp installed and a separate 500 watt mono amp installed for the sub. The sub is in a sealed box it's a 12 inch Alpine type "S" subwoofer with two voice coils. I also had all the doors lined with Dynamat to improve the sound quality and help make the doors less prone to vibration. It sounds fantastic! Completely different then stock I am real happy with the results. I was going to do the install myself but realized I just don't have the time to do it so the local car audio shop cut me a real good deal on the install.


If you don't mind me asking, what did this all cost?
_________________
08 Pathy LE, 5.6L V8, fully loaded
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." George Patton
What did you do to your Pathfinder thread:http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?p=71760#71760
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FirstIn



Joined: 29 Oct 2014
Posts: 19

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I replaced all my interior dome lights with LEDs. Just waiting for the sun to go down so I can see how bright they are.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kestral
Moderator


Joined: 12 Apr 2014
Posts: 689
Location: MA

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

volvite wrote:
Kestral wrote:
I had a major car stereo upgrade on my 2012 R51 Pathfinder installed today. Memphis car audio separates in the front doors with 6.5 Inch coaxes in the rear doors. I had a 45 watt by 4 Alpine amp installed and a separate 500 watt mono amp installed for the sub. The sub is in a sealed box it's a 12 inch Alpine type "S" subwoofer with two voice coils. I also had all the doors lined with Dynamat to improve the sound quality and help make the doors less prone to vibration. It sounds fantastic! Completely different then stock I am real happy with the results. I was going to do the install myself but realized I just don't have the time to do it so the local car audio shop cut me a real good deal on the install.


If you don't mind me asking, what did this all cost?


I paid $825.00 not including the head unit that was a gift from my wife for my birthday back in December. Not cheep overall but car and home audio has always been my passion. By the way keep this quiet my wife has no idea I spent that much she thinks I just bought some cheep 6x9's for the front doors. I originally purchased Alpine separates for the front doors but exchanged them for the Memphis Audio separates after hearing a car with them installed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
volvite
Sponsored Member


Joined: 16 Feb 2011
Posts: 2180
Location: Hill AFB, Utah West Point UT

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kestral wrote:
volvite wrote:
Kestral wrote:
I had a major car stereo upgrade on my 2012 R51 Pathfinder installed today. Memphis car audio separates in the front doors with 6.5 Inch coaxes in the rear doors. I had a 45 watt by 4 Alpine amp installed and a separate 500 watt mono amp installed for the sub. The sub is in a sealed box it's a 12 inch Alpine type "S" subwoofer with two voice coils. I also had all the doors lined with Dynamat to improve the sound quality and help make the doors less prone to vibration. It sounds fantastic! Completely different then stock I am real happy with the results. I was going to do the install myself but realized I just don't have the time to do it so the local car audio shop cut me a real good deal on the install.


If you don't mind me asking, what did this all cost?


I paid $825.00 not including the head unit that was a gift from my wife for my birthday back in December. Not cheep overall but car and home audio has always been my passion. By the way keep this quiet my wife has no idea I spent that much she thinks I just bought some cheep 6x9's for the front doors. I originally purchased Alpine separates for the front doors but exchanged them for the Memphis Audio separates after hearing a car with them installed.


I won't tell her. Just don't leave the forum open for her to snoop around. Wink
_________________
08 Pathy LE, 5.6L V8, fully loaded
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." George Patton
What did you do to your Pathfinder thread:http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?p=71760#71760
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
volvite
Sponsored Member


Joined: 16 Feb 2011
Posts: 2180
Location: Hill AFB, Utah West Point UT

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So got the Pathfinder back from the dealership today. They ended up replacing the drive belt, bet tensioner, fixing the oil cooler O-ring, pinion seal, topped off fluids and it cost $53.53 with tax. Nothing major but had I not had the CPO warranty it was $681.24 for parts and labor.

They advised a few services that I should have performed, transmission fluid, front/rear/diff fluid changes and sway bar bushings. I'll probably do the bushings myself since there a multiple people on the forum that have already done this and it's easy. I was quoted $149.99 for a transmission fluid change. Not sure if that is a drain and refill or if that's a full service to drain all fluid.

I also took the Pathfinder to Sears to have the alignment checked. I have new tires with only 10K miles on them and the right rear is wearing really bad. Alignment is in specs so I went back to Discount tire and they are swapping my rear two tires. I paid the mileage difference so I'll get two new tires installed tomorrow.
_________________
08 Pathy LE, 5.6L V8, fully loaded
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." George Patton
What did you do to your Pathfinder thread:http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?p=71760#71760
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
disallow
Site Admin


Joined: 13 Aug 2008
Posts: 2666
Location: Winnipeg, Canada

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

replaced positive battery clamp. $15 dealer part, took 5 minutes.
_________________
Terry in Winnipeg

'05 Pathfinder SE Premium 4x4 - 315000kms (195000mi) - weekend warrior, Cortex Superchips on 87 Octane Tune, K&N filtercharger, Airlift 1000, Prodigy Brake controller, 7 pin trailer hookup, Prostart Remote Starter, Bilstein 4600 rear shocks, Cooper Discoverer ATw P265/70/16
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
volvite
Sponsored Member


Joined: 16 Feb 2011
Posts: 2180
Location: Hill AFB, Utah West Point UT

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought new tires in September of 2014. I just got back from a two month trip for the military overseas and was looking at my tires and my right rear tire looked bad. Almost to the wear bar on the outside. Took it to sears where I have an alignment for three years and the alignment was within specs. Took it to discount and they replaced the rear two tires for me. I only had 10k miles on the set but the rears I think had a bad belt. The fronts looked great still. Thank goodness for tread life warranty.
_________________
08 Pathy LE, 5.6L V8, fully loaded
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." George Patton
What did you do to your Pathfinder thread:http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?p=71760#71760
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kestral
Moderator


Joined: 12 Apr 2014
Posts: 689
Location: MA

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going down to my local tire co to get a tire rotation on the Pathy at 8am when they open. I can't recall when I bought them if I get free rotation or not so we shall see?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
volvite
Sponsored Member


Joined: 16 Feb 2011
Posts: 2180
Location: Hill AFB, Utah West Point UT

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kestral wrote:
I am going down to my local tire co to get a tire rotation on the Pathy at 8am when they open. I can't recall when I bought them if I get free rotation or not so we shall see?


Most tire companies will give you free rotations for the life of the tire when you purchase them from their store.

I did my 5k mile oil change today.
_________________
08 Pathy LE, 5.6L V8, fully loaded
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." George Patton
What did you do to your Pathfinder thread:http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?p=71760#71760
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
volvite
Sponsored Member


Joined: 16 Feb 2011
Posts: 2180
Location: Hill AFB, Utah West Point UT

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm buying a travel trailer tomorrow. I've towed before and already have my brake controller and 7 pin ready to go. However, now that I will be towing more often I decided I wanted a better brake controller to ensure I have good stopping power behind my Pathfinder. I decided to purchase a Tekonsha P-3 Proportional brake controller and installed it in about 10 minutes. Tomorrow will be the test on how well it works as I drive home with my new TT.
_________________
08 Pathy LE, 5.6L V8, fully loaded
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." George Patton
What did you do to your Pathfinder thread:http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?p=71760#71760
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
disallow
Site Admin


Joined: 13 Aug 2008
Posts: 2666
Location: Winnipeg, Canada

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the R51 stall in my driveway on Friday on the way to a family gathering. Pulled the code and got P0335 - Crank Position Sensor.

Took the second car to the gathering, and found a replacement sensor from an aftermarket source on Saturday. Took about 1.5hrs to pull the right side fender out and bend the transmission dipstick tube out of the way. Once I had a clear path, the switch out was no problem at all.

Have put on about 200km on it since, and it has been running flawlessly.
_________________
Terry in Winnipeg

'05 Pathfinder SE Premium 4x4 - 315000kms (195000mi) - weekend warrior, Cortex Superchips on 87 Octane Tune, K&N filtercharger, Airlift 1000, Prodigy Brake controller, 7 pin trailer hookup, Prostart Remote Starter, Bilstein 4600 rear shocks, Cooper Discoverer ATw P265/70/16
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cr@2y Gr33k



Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 182
Location: Drexel Hill, PA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got around to installing an oem bug deflector for the hood, and I also installed a Weathertech sunroof visor. Both were fairly easy and installed in about 30 minutes.
_________________
Cr@2y Gr33k from the U.D.
2011 Pathfinder LE
2008 Altima Coupe 3.5SE
2012 Rogue Special Edition
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
patomwazi



Joined: 30 May 2013
Posts: 182
Location: Dubai, UAE

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of the country for a few days so dropped off the car to get an aluminium skid plate fabricated and installed....cant wait to see how the work turns out...had all the oils drained and changed...switched to full synthetic.....and wheels balanced....cant wait to take this big gal to the sand...
_________________
2015 R51 Classic 4.0l V6. Old Man Emu 2'' lift kit, 8mm Alu bash/skid plate, 1.5" Wheel Spacers,
NISSANS RULE...especially the OBESE ones!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> General Automotive All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group