What did you do to your Pathfinder today!

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

volvite
Sponsored Member

What did you do to your Pathfinder today!

Postby volvite » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:20 pm

Thought we could start a thread where members post things they repaired/replaced/upgraded/removed on their pathfinders. I've seen these threads on other vehicle forums and they are one of the most active. Lets see if we can keep this thread active.

I have an 08 V8 that's a CPO. I'm coming up on the 100K miles and I took the advice of another forum member and stopped by my local dealership yesterday to see if they would replace the radiator based upon the possibility of leaking into the transmission while still under warranty. They took the pathfinder overnight and were doing overall inspection of the vehicle to see what they could/need to be replaced under warranty. Today they called and they are replacing a few seals and the auto belt tensioner. No luck on the radiator. They said there does not seem to be any cross contamination of the fluid. They had to order the belt tensioner so I should have the Pathfinder back tomorrow.

Kestral

Postby Kestral » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:37 pm

I had a major car stereo upgrade on my 2012 R51 Pathfinder installed today. Memphis car audio separates in the front doors with 6.5 Inch coaxes in the rear doors. I had a 45 watt by 4 Alpine amp installed and a separate 500 watt mono amp installed for the sub. The sub is in a sealed box it's a 12 inch Alpine type "S" subwoofer with two voice coils. I also had all the doors lined with Dynamat to improve the sound quality and help make the doors less prone to vibration. It sounds fantastic! Completely different then stock I am real happy with the results. I was going to do the install myself but realized I just don't have the time to do it so the local car audio shop cut me a real good deal on the install.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:04 pm

Kestral wrote:I had a major car stereo upgrade on my 2012 R51 Pathfinder installed today. Memphis car audio separates in the front doors with 6.5 Inch coaxes in the rear doors. I had a 45 watt by 4 Alpine amp installed and a separate 500 watt mono amp installed for the sub. The sub is in a sealed box it's a 12 inch Alpine type "S" subwoofer with two voice coils. I also had all the doors lined with Dynamat to improve the sound quality and help make the doors less prone to vibration. It sounds fantastic! Completely different then stock I am real happy with the results. I was going to do the install myself but realized I just don't have the time to do it so the local car audio shop cut me a real good deal on the install.
If you don't mind me asking, what did this all cost?

FirstIn

Postby FirstIn » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:28 pm

I replaced all my interior dome lights with LEDs. Just waiting for the sun to go down so I can see how bright they are.

Kestral

Postby Kestral » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:04 pm

volvite wrote:
Kestral wrote:I had a major car stereo upgrade on my 2012 R51 Pathfinder installed today. Memphis car audio separates in the front doors with 6.5 Inch coaxes in the rear doors. I had a 45 watt by 4 Alpine amp installed and a separate 500 watt mono amp installed for the sub. The sub is in a sealed box it's a 12 inch Alpine type "S" subwoofer with two voice coils. I also had all the doors lined with Dynamat to improve the sound quality and help make the doors less prone to vibration. It sounds fantastic! Completely different then stock I am real happy with the results. I was going to do the install myself but realized I just don't have the time to do it so the local car audio shop cut me a real good deal on the install.
I paid $825.00 not including the head unit that was a gift from my wife for my birthday back in December. Not cheep overall but car and home audio has always been my passion. By the way keep this quiet my wife has no idea I spent that much she thinks I just bought some cheep 6x9's for the front doors. I originally purchased Alpine separates for the front doors but exchanged them for the Memphis Audio separates after hearing a car with them installed.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:36 pm

Kestral wrote:
volvite wrote:
I paid $825.00 not including the head unit that was a gift from my wife for my birthday back in December. Not cheep overall but car and home audio has always been my passion. By the way keep this quiet my wife has no idea I spent that much she thinks I just bought some cheep 6x9's for the front doors. I originally purchased Alpine separates for the front doors but exchanged them for the Memphis Audio separates after hearing a car with them installed.
I won't tell her. Just don't leave the forum open for her to snoop around. :wink:

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:02 pm

So got the Pathfinder back from the dealership today. They ended up replacing the drive belt, bet tensioner, fixing the oil cooler O-ring, pinion seal, topped off fluids and it cost $53.53 with tax. Nothing major but had I not had the CPO warranty it was $681.24 for parts and labor.

They advised a few services that I should have performed, transmission fluid, front/rear/diff fluid changes and sway bar bushings. I'll probably do the bushings myself since there a multiple people on the forum that have already done this and it's easy. I was quoted $149.99 for a transmission fluid change. Not sure if that is a drain and refill or if that's a full service to drain all fluid.

I also took the Pathfinder to Sears to have the alignment checked. I have new tires with only 10K miles on them and the right rear is wearing really bad. Alignment is in specs so I went back to Discount tire and they are swapping my rear two tires. I paid the mileage difference so I'll get two new tires installed tomorrow.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:18 pm

replaced positive battery clamp. $15 dealer part, took 5 minutes.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:30 pm

Bought new tires in September of 2014. I just got back from a two month trip for the military overseas and was looking at my tires and my right rear tire looked bad. Almost to the wear bar on the outside. Took it to sears where I have an alignment for three years and the alignment was within specs. Took it to discount and they replaced the rear two tires for me. I only had 10k miles on the set but the rears I think had a bad belt. The fronts looked great still. Thank goodness for tread life warranty.

Kestral

Postby Kestral » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:15 am

I am going down to my local tire co to get a tire rotation on the Pathy at 8am when they open. I can't recall when I bought them if I get free rotation or not so we shall see?

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:24 pm

Kestral wrote:I am going down to my local tire co to get a tire rotation on the Pathy at 8am when they open. I can't recall when I bought them if I get free rotation or not so we shall see?
Most tire companies will give you free rotations for the life of the tire when you purchase them from their store.

I did my 5k mile oil change today.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:46 pm

I'm buying a travel trailer tomorrow. I've towed before and already have my brake controller and 7 pin ready to go. However, now that I will be towing more often I decided I wanted a better brake controller to ensure I have good stopping power behind my Pathfinder. I decided to purchase a Tekonsha P-3 Proportional brake controller and installed it in about 10 minutes. Tomorrow will be the test on how well it works as I drive home with my new TT.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:25 am

Had the R51 stall in my driveway on Friday on the way to a family gathering. Pulled the code and got P0335 - Crank Position Sensor.

Took the second car to the gathering, and found a replacement sensor from an aftermarket source on Saturday. Took about 1.5hrs to pull the right side fender out and bend the transmission dipstick tube out of the way. Once I had a clear path, the switch out was no problem at all.

Have put on about 200km on it since, and it has been running flawlessly.

Cr@2y Gr33k

Postby Cr@2y Gr33k » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:35 am

I finally got around to installing an oem bug deflector for the hood, and I also installed a Weathertech sunroof visor. Both were fairly easy and installed in about 30 minutes.

patomwazi

Postby patomwazi » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:30 am

Out of the country for a few days so dropped off the car to get an aluminium skid plate fabricated and installed....cant wait to see how the work turns out...had all the oils drained and changed...switched to full synthetic.....and wheels balanced....cant wait to take this big gal to the sand...

Return to “General Automotive”