2008 LE V6 - New rad & flush option

Discussion topics related to the radiator and transmission failures in all Nissan trucks, education of the public on this issue, and attempts to force Nissan to start a recall.

Moderator: volvite

SurfPath

2008 LE V6 - New rad & flush option

Postby SurfPath » Sun May 17, 2015 5:05 am

Trans shudder and co-mingled fluid in Rad & trans diagnosed at 98k miles.
I opted not to do the bypass because I tow a heavy boat. Now I'm kicking myself for not changing the radiator before this happened.

I caught it w/i 3k miles since my last inspection and opted NOT to go the $3000 co-pay for a new trans thru Nissan. Dealer replaced the rad and we flushed the trans for $1,200.

Do you all feel trans failure is inevitable after any level of coolant in there? I wonder how many more miles I might get out of this vehicle or should I go trade it in sooner than later.

It's a shame because this has been such a good functioning truck for me...

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon May 18, 2015 2:47 pm

I think you would have been better off opting for the $3000 radiator and transmission replacement. Once coolant gets into the trans, it seems a matter of time before the solenoids start acting up.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Mon May 18, 2015 3:33 pm

smj999smj wrote:I think you would have been better off opting for the $3000 radiator and transmission replacement. Once coolant gets into the trans, it seems a matter of time before the solenoids start acting up.
get the new trans from Nissan if you possibly can
it (even @ 3,000.000) will be a bargain in the long run, probably less than half the out of pocket cost for the job
.........and you'll probably need it in the future, as the trans will likely fail (as smj999smj posted)

Return to “Nissan Transmission FAIL”