2011 mid level audio upgrade

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

jag19651

2011 mid level audio upgrade

Postby jag19651 » Thu May 28, 2015 9:03 am

I would like to mention that using a audio sound processor ( audio control ls7i ) made all the difference in the upgrade.

This replaces using the cheap line level to rca converters for adding amplifiers to a factory stereo

After replacing the crappy paper speakers and adding a sub woofer I was left with one problem that is built into the factory radio

Nissan engineers know they put crappy speakers in the truck , so what the radio does is as you raise the volume up the bass signal goes down!

This happened after my speaker and amp upgrades

The audio control ls7i and maybe some other brands ( Main Street car stereo in Sayville mnew York used a crerwin vega brand on my sons wrangler )
The sound processer has an adjustment that puts the bass back in
You turn the volume up on your factory radio to the point where the bass goes away and then you turn up the volume until the bass kicks in again
That's it! Then you are done
Omg what a difference
Another thing that the sound processer has is the ability to adjust the rms voltage of the rca inputs into the amp , this way your gains on the amps stay all the way down. You cannot do this with a cheap line level adaptor
Hope this helps with your upgrade

Grumpah

Postby Grumpah » Fri May 29, 2015 8:22 pm

That's for a 2011. Things might be different for an R52.

Return to “R52 Electrical”