iPhone 6 2015 PF receiving calls question

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Jksztaylor

Postby Jksztaylor » Sat May 30, 2015 5:54 pm

Hi, just got my PF so tech. I have an iPhone 6 and pared it with car. 2 questions: when I receive calls it just shows phone number but not the name of the person calling. It is a person listed in my phone book. What have I done wrong when pairing phone that it will not show the name of person calling? Second question: I was told I could get a notice on the screen that I received a text message and it could be read to me. I had this option in my 13 Ford Explorer and really liked it. After everything I have read I cN not used the nissanconnect with the 2015 pathfinder.

Thanks in advance for the help!

pacman

Postby pacman » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:17 am

Did you find an answer?
I have the same question. I am beginning to think they held too much back on the Pathfinder so they can have 'advanced features' for the Infiniti QX.
I have noticed several missing creature comfort things that are lacking.

For example, Neither the garage opener or the seat memory buttons illuminate at night, causing you to fumble for them a bit. (The door buttons aren't so bad, but I keep resetting my seat memory) Also, the bluetooth does not seem to interface very well with the phones.

My dealer told me that the iPhone is not fully compatible with the 2015. On the face of it, that seems a bit odd.

I was recently in a rental low end Chevy that had a far better phone interface. (frankly if I were Nissan, I would be embarrassed by that one)

Hopefully there is some setting I am missing.

Grumpah

Postby Grumpah » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:52 pm

Nissan doesn't appear to be embarrassed by any shortcomings with the R52. In fact, they appear to be selling this thing in spite of themselves. Sooner or later, lack of sales will catch up to them. They are already almost last in the category.

pacman

Could it really be Apple's fault?

Postby pacman » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:49 pm

Apparently this is connection problem is not unique to Nissan. (The lack of fit and finish on the"platinum" edition, however is a different story)
I am following this on Apple's site also.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/65 ... 0&tstart=0
and
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/65 ... 0&tstart=0 (nissan specific thread)

The best answers so far are reset the network settings on the iphone or disconnect and reconnect (on both phone and car) until it decides to hook up.

Return to “R52 Electrical”