want...car cover for 2005+

Member postings to buy/sell anything, from parts to full automobiles. Commercial vendors, ask the Admins first for permission to post.

Moderator: volvite

mtbpath

want...car cover for 2005+

Postby mtbpath » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:15 pm

anyone have a car cover for 2005+ for sale?

or if you currently have one please refer me to the site to purchase one.

email me at [email protected]

THANKS.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:18 am

One thing I can warn you about are California Car Covers, Noah model. I purchased one, really good overall craftsmanship and quality from the box. At-least so I thought. The cover shed water fairly well. They could use one more grommet to secure the cover underneath (maybe the SUV's have two, pickups only come with one). But the cover wore through at the mirrors. I have small very round mirrors also.

I will be giving them a chance to make it right using the warranty shortly. I would buy from them again but I would ensure the cover I get has mirror pockets.

mtbpath

Postby mtbpath » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:30 pm

I was thinking of something like this...
I don't want to spend a lot and not sure if that will be a factor in quality and workmanship.
but I am looking for something very simple and will do the job of providing a cover.

http://www.car-stuff.com/mmparts/nissan ... cover.html

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:38 pm

In that price range (and after researching the materials used in the build) that is more of a dust cover. Good for indoor storage or summer (spring/fall also for LA) covering. It may not dry out fast enough for winter use or last long during bad climate weather.

What are your goals for a cover?

mtbpath

Postby mtbpath » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:35 pm

goal. to provide a cover to reduce dust and mildew at night, mostly dust and a cat that enjoys leaving his or her paw prints.
this cover is not intended to prevent rain water or snow.
don't want to spend a lot and I was even thinking of old bedsheets but I think that looks tacky.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:43 pm

Then that cover should be a good candidate. It would appear to have a soft woven underside that would prevent rubbing in of dust that does get under there and seems like it would be light enough to handle quit easily.

Return to “Classifieds for Pathfinders and Pathfinder Accessories”