The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
my a/c blows hit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> General Automotive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karijo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:11 pm    Post subject: my a/c blows hit Reply with quote

I have a 2002 and the compressor comes on like it should and it has freon. Guage shows its full. But it blows hot air. Does anyone know why it would do this? What is the a/c oil for? Please help with my a/c.
smj999smj

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The A/C oil is mainly to lubricate the compressor. If the A/C seems to be working properly, you may have a bad mode door actuator causing the air to flow through the heater core rather than bypass it.
Karijo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is that door located at?
smj999smj

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several mode door actuators located on the heating and cooling unit behind the dash. The entire dashboard usually needs to be removed in order to replace any of them and they run about $35 each, approximately; if I was going to remove the dash to replace one, I would replace all of them while I am in there because if one's bad, the others may not be far behind. Of course, the proper diagnostic testing should be performed to confirm that the actuator is faulty before going through all the work to replace just one or all of them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> General Automotive All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: