60,000 mile service

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

08PathPounder

60,000 mile service

Postby 08PathPounder » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:13 pm

Just curious to see / hear everyone's preference as to what one would need to do at the 60k mark on the odometer. I'm a little less than 1,000 miles away from it my self at just over 59. Just put a Spectra Premium radiator in about 1,000 miles ago so the radiator fluid is fresh as far as that goes. It's due for an oil change so I'll give the pathy some royal purple like I did my last change. Probably a tire rotation as well. Any further suggestions? Would love to hear what everyone else does/did/ would do.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: 60,000 mile service

Postby eieio » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:03 pm

08PathPounder wrote:Just curious to see / hear everyone's preference as to what one would need to do at the 60k mark on the odometer. I'm a little less than 1,000 miles away from it my self at just over 59. Just put a Spectra Premium radiator in about 1,000 miles ago so the radiator fluid is fresh as far as that goes. It's due for an oil change so I'll give the pathy some royal purple like I did my last change. Probably a tire rotation as well. Any further suggestions? Would love to hear what everyone else does/did/ would do.
I generally follow the maintenance schedule, which begins on pg MA-7 in the service manual
http://www.thenissanpath.com/filelib/R51/Service/MA.pdf
most items are inspection

08PathPounder

Postby 08PathPounder » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:02 pm

LOL.... Whoops. Should have gave the manual a good look before I opened my mouth..well being as it's mostly inspection have you or any one else noticed certain parts to be worn or commonly ready to be replaced at this mileage?

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:28 am

I know several of us have done drain/fills on the transmission every 30k miles. The fluid has always looked/smelled good on mine but it's pretty cheap insurance. Takes 4 quarts. Differential and transfer fluids at 60k wouldn't be a bad idea and also fairly inexpensive. Front brake pads usually last me 50k. Beyond the drivers power window switch, I've not repaired anything now at 135k miles.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:32 pm

At 60K., I would change the engine oil and filter, cabin air filter and engine air filter, rotate the tires and balance, drain & fill the automatic transmission fluid and transfer case fluid, drain & fill the front and rear diffs, and then do a general check over including the wipers, belt, brakes, lights, check for any leaks, check the exhaust system and check the suspension and steering for worn components and/or excessive play.

08PathPounder

Postby 08PathPounder » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:54 pm

So I changed the oil with 5w30 Royal Purple, changed the rear dif with 75w90 Royal Purple, and gave the transmission a simple drain & fill with Royal Purple ATF, also put some Royal Purple Max Clean fuel additive @ Empty then fueled up with some 93 octane. I plan on switching the transfer case & front dif with some Royal Purple as well.
The radiator was just replaced 2k ago so the coolant is fresh also

The trans pan drained a gallon & a quart for me so I put 5 back in & the rear dif only took 1.5 quarts of dif fluid before over flowing from the fill hole. Using one of those $ 10 pumps with a hose made my life a heck of a lot easier when filling the rear dif. All in all it was an expensive ass day lol. But I have peace of mind and we'll see wheather or not the RP makes any difference in performance or mpg

Return to “R51 General Chat”