Detailing for Beginners. Care to help?

Let's go, Zaino, Mothers, Meguiars...Fight!

Moderator: volvite

car_bore

Detailing for Beginners. Care to help?

Postby car_bore » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:19 pm

Just found out I'd have a whole day off this week and figured it's the right time to bond with my pathy and give her a TLC she deserves. I'd be mostly focusing on exterior detailing and so far this is what I've researched. I'm hoping you guys can give any inputs or share what your regimen in car detailing.

Here is what I plan on doing:

1st is your regular hand car wash using the two bucket method.

2nd is Clay bar.

3rd is a light car wash, just to remove some left over contaminants.

4th is Polish. Is Nu Finish a good product?

5th is wax. I plan on buying Collinite 845. Any inputs on this wax as well?

6th is Instant Detailer. Just for maintenance.

Hoping you guys can share your thoughts on this.
Thanks!!

porksoda

Postby porksoda » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:10 pm

You have a pretty solid process you have listed. I can't say anything about those products because I haven't used them but I prefer using Mother's products. I have had great luck with them and they are good for the regular average Joe at home. AutoZone sales a relabled formula called M-Tech I think but it's just Mother's California Gold series products made for AutoZone. Same stuff just cheaper.

SETI20

Postby SETI20 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:12 am

Youtube AmmoNYC or DriveClean.
That guy has more info than you can handle.

nismofan

Postby nismofan » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:32 am

Try to visit autogeekonline also. You will see lots of info/tips on detailing.

Jslatts

Postby Jslatts » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:15 am

I own and Operate Berks Auto Detailing. Process pretty spot on. Clay bar is very smart. A little tip to make sure you clayed good enough. Wash car completly. Take a sandwhich ziplock bag and put your hand in it and rub freshly cleaned paint. It will feel rough. When you clay and do a good enough job it will feel silky smooth.

Product recommendations are poorboys world or Adam's polishes. Adam's expensive but AMAZING. Their car wash is PH balanced so for example if you let soap dry in sun on car will NOT damage paint, the americana wax goes on and off very easily. Detail spray works good and smells delicious hehe.

Poorboys is cheaper and AMAZING. Recommend the nattys paste wax (red) works good and prettt damn decent depth and glossy look

For wheels use something like diluted simple green. Cheap and works amazing.

If you have ANY questions PM me or email me [email protected] i have access to email 24/7 so will respond quickly

Return to “Detailing Details”