Sleeping in the rear

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

kingfisher73

Sleeping in the rear

Postby kingfisher73 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:53 pm

Has anyone ever camped and slept in the back with the seats down...if so..how was it...?

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:39 am

I have. The only reason I did was because of massive dust storms at the time which lasted the 3 nights I slept in it & I was too lazy for the tent. I fit just fine (6'1"), but I couldn't sleep with the windows cracked because of the dust. Waking up in the mornings I imagine would have been similar to waking up in a stale coffin.

I also spent one night in the back of mine the night before a backpacking trip. Temps were pretty cold, and sleeping in it is similar to sleeping in a fridge with all the metal.

In short, I'll always sleep in a tent. But, I know that I can sleep in the Pathfinder if I absolutely have to.

SETI20

Postby SETI20 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:28 pm

I have, several times. I cut some foam pads to size. Sleeping bags on top, done. No dust storms for me, so leaving a window cracked was just fine. Pads were a little thin so not the most comfortable night. The shape of the floor is too irregular for a full size air mattress or anything.

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:19 pm

It was great, just used an air mattress I bought from Wal Mart. DVD player definitely helped. It was a quick2 night trip so the hassle of not having to go tenting made it worth it.

staynlean

Postby staynlean » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:17 pm

Funny somebody mentions this, I used to sleep in my Pathy frequently. No camping trips though, I was going through a bad divorce and was trying to save money.

Wow, that brings back some memories... So glad those days are long behind me.

It sleeps good though, sometimes I'd just leave it running for air on hotter nights. Had to do what I had to do, tough times lol!

car_bore

Postby car_bore » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:22 am

Yep, especially when me and my girlfriend want to escape the city. Also bought an air mattress that fits. We find it comfy and spacious enough for the both of us. The sunroof vent becomes useful once it gets steamy inside :wink: :mrgreen:

Kestral

Postby Kestral » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:02 am

Funny you should ask .. Never slept in the back but I am in sales and I once pulled over on a quiet dirt road to have my box lunch and Passed out I only woke up when my cell phone rang around 8pm and it was my wife saying "Where the heck are you!?"

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:40 pm

I spent the better part of 2 months living out of my Pathy while traveling for work in addition to several other shorter week or two trips. Window visors for air flow, tint and removing the 2nd row seat bottoms were all requirements in my book. Pulling the seat bottoms instead of flipping them up gives more room. Hand cutting a 6" foam pad would be perfect.

By the next time I need to sleep more than a night or two I'm going to make some magnetic screens. This way I can slap them on the outside door frame and I don't have to worry about bugs (mosquitos) getting in and can roll the windows down all the way. I pulled over once to sleep at o'dark thirty only to realize I was near some sort of water source. Had to drive 10 miles down the road with all the windows open to remove all the mozzies and find a location w/o their presence.

kevinthefro

Postby kevinthefro » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:40 pm

I camp all the time. This fits perfectly. Get a Coleman pump. the internal pump is crap.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0017G ... ge_o00_s00

NH07r51

bed platform

Postby NH07r51 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:16 pm

check out this post i made, Feel free to ask any questions if you want. I have sense adapted it to slide rather than fold, simply think it works easier ..
http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... highlight=

PV_Pathfinder

Postby PV_Pathfinder » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:04 pm

Yep! I have a competition Bbq team so have slept in the back on more than a few occasions. If possible, crack a window. Otherwise there's gonna be a stale funk in your rig when you wake up. I'm 6-5 so I kind of sleep diagonally, corner to corner, but good enough for a few nights as needed.

northrupm

thanks

Postby northrupm » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:46 am

All this info has really helped me get ready to camp in my 2017 Pathy

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:08 pm

North: Awesome!! Our SUV have some nice capabilities for these kind of things :D

Oh, and welcome to the Nissanpath!!

Brucer

Postby Brucer » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:38 pm

I sleep in mine regularly. Pathfinder is one of very few 4x4 that are both long enough and the floor flat enough to throw in a mattress and sleep comfortably. I am 6' and can sleep fully stretched out.
The front passenger seat folder down makes a neat bedside table. I would suggest getting a set of these (or similar) http://sunprotec.com.au/product/window- ... r-r51-suv/ so you can have the windows down but still keep bugs out.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:22 pm

Welcome to the forums Brucer!

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”