What do you hate most?

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

Kestral

Postby Kestral » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:09 pm

Ok I got one ... How bout reving to like 2,000-2,200 RPM on a cold start! Why? It's the only car/truck I have ever had that does that.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:18 am

Kestral wrote:Ok I got one ... How bout reving to like 2,000-2,200 RPM on a cold start! Why? It's the only car/truck I have ever had that does that.
While 2,500 is a little higher than avg, it's certainly not uncommon for cold engines to rev at least around 2,000. Outside of some Euro cars most all rev when cold in order to quick heat the CATs. Most Euro cars use an air-injection system to heat the CATS on cold start, which has advantages/disadvantages. With the 5W and 0W oils, the wear would be minimal anyway. These VQ engines seem to be tough as nails. But psychologically we've been trained that cold revs are devastating.

car_bore

Postby car_bore » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:29 pm

SQUEAKS AND RATTLES! Feels like everything is loose. All the interior plastics rattles so bad that every time I drive our 2001 grand cherokee, I feel like I'm driving a rolls royce, silent and almost no rattles at all. That older car feels like its built better.

Handling. Car feels like its hopping from side to side everytime I hit a bump on the freeway.

Leather seats. They're hard and slippery that everytime I go into a corner, I feel like sliding on my seat.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:17 pm

car_bore wrote:Handling. Car feels like its hopping from side to side everytime I hit a bump on the freeway.
Proper alignment should fix that.

blackohio

Postby blackohio » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:54 pm

solving the bullshit bose audio problem tomorrow.

Going in:
alpine iLX-007
HX280/4
JBL 6x9
JL 6.5
JL Dash highs

Tired of this crap bose.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:29 pm

car_bore wrote:SQUEAKS AND RATTLES! Feels like everything is loose. All the interior plastics rattles so bad that every time I drive our 2001 grand cherokee, I feel like I'm driving a rolls royce, silent and almost no rattles at all. That older car feels like its built better.
I feel lucky. I've had 3 noises: hood latch (fixed with 6" of electrical tape), rattling exhaust (fixed with 5 new hose clamps) & a rattling headliner (fixed by gluing the loose plastic pyramid thingy under the headliner). This has been the quietest vehicle I've ever had in terms of annoying interior noises.

I need to add: shoddy door seals.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:36 pm

skinny2 wrote:
car_bore wrote:Handling. Car feels like its hopping from side to side everytime I hit a bump on the freeway.
Proper alignment should fix that.
You would think. It does help, but it won't completely get rid of the hopping. Once a year or so, the DOT goes around and fixes all the cracks/holes in the freeways. When they did it this last time, they applied way too much sealant. There's about a 100' section that was full of cracks, but that is now full of bumps. Pretty crazy how much the Pathfinder gets thrown around on that little section. If I can ever remember, I'll mount my dash cam and take a video of it.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:22 am

NVSteve wrote:
FLiPMaRC wrote:
DanJetta wrote:1. Sensitivity of the panic button on the key fob. It's midnight and I'm getting home from work late. I bend over to untie my shoes with the keys in my pocket and the alarm starts screaming in the driveway. Happens every time.
Happens to me too once in a while, until I got a cover for the key fob. I saw it at my dealer while waiting for an oil change. I got an orange one so it'll be easier to spot when I'm looking for it. You can get it on eBay as well. The cover makes the buttons a little more recessed so it's not accidentally pressed easily.

http://www.amazon.com/2002-Nissan-Pathf ... B009Z0R84C
I bought a handful of those for the Pathfinder and Xterra fobs. I can say that they might help, but they still won't prevent accidental button pushing. First thing I do when I get to the office in the morning is set my key over on one of my desks. I've set off the alarm numerous times, but the first and only time I woke up to find my windows open was when I gave up & kept the fob out of my pockets. Stupid design. A hinged cover for these things is essential.
Even with taking as many precautions with the fob as I do, I awoke this morning to both windows rolled down. Of course it was snowing, so I had snow drifts on the inside seats, the floor, dash, steering wheel, etc. POS design. If one offers a stupid feature, at least allow one to also disable said stupid feature.

EricD

Postby EricD » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:57 am

If one offers a stupid feature, at least allow one to also disable said stupid feature.[/quote]

I would imagine there is a way to disable it. I know you can disable the horn beep when locking so ....

I've had my '12 for a little over a month. I really hate the headlights.
I really like the....... I'm working on it. Still miss my Xterra too much!

dano99

Postby dano99 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:33 pm

For me it would be the following;

1.Poor design for alignment. Bolts seize up causing the Lower Control Arms to be replaced. So a $100 alignment now costs $800.

2.Bose Stereo quirks, when the vehicle is shut off the time randomly goes to something else and all the stations disappear.

3.No recall from Nissan in regards to the tranny and coolant mixing problem despite numerous complaints and lawsuits.

Homer J

Postby Homer J » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:38 am

I am disappointed with the lack of leg room for the second row seats. I run my driver's seat all the way back and it leaves very little room for second row passengers.

You can't fold the second row without moving the front seat forward either. I'm not a big fan of the R52 Pathfinders but they do have tons of leg room for passengers.

sangheraent

Postby sangheraent » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:11 pm

I have some pet peeves about my truck been an owner for 3 months now. I put them in order.

#1 The plastic in the trunk makes everything fly around
#2 extremely sensitive gas pedal
#3 front seat is cramped my wifes little outlander sport is much roomier in the driver seat.
#4 16 MPG average gas mileage not a huge deal for me but still annoying when my friends F150 gets 18.
#5 three dials to adjust the temp.

Things I love
factory sound system
size of the trunk
power truck has tons of power

00pathySE

Postby 00pathySE » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:42 am

Only owned for a couple of weeks. No rattles on mine, and mpg are better than my old R50, so can't complain there.

The only thing I'd change would be fan control you don't have to hold to turn off and on.

ZPOC RDY

Postby ZPOC RDY » Mon May 30, 2016 11:36 am

I was a bit biased before I even got mine, having tried to find one for over a month with absolutely no luck. Found my 2010 loaded SE and barely looked at it, drove about 2 miles on the test drive and signed for it, so I was willing to take the quirks. I'd never been in one before. After only 4 mos, I can't say I have any complaints. I do wish there was a USB jack so I can control my aux input from the steering wheel/ dash controls, but it's not a huge deal, certainly not worth spending to add one.
I also noticed how flimsy the rear cargo area is with both rows folded. I've camped in it a few times and learned not to kneel in certain spots to avoid feeling like I'm going to fall right through the flaps that cover the gaps between seats, and I'm not a heavy guy.
Aside from the weird transition from my normal sedans to this, I don't mind the suspension (looking to stiffen it up for offroading purposes anyways), and I don't mind feeling and hearing the truck while driving. Makes me more aware of anything that would be wrong when it happens.

Kestral

Postby Kestral » Tue May 31, 2016 3:22 pm

Ok so how many football fields does it take to turn around an R51 Pathfinder? .... 2!! .. Bahahahaha! .. I was at a busy gas station today and I had to turn my 2012 around. Still love the truck nun the less!

Return to “R51 General Chat”