The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
NHTSA still investigating...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> Nissan Transmission FAIL
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:23 pm    Post subject: NHTSA still investigating... Reply with quote

I though this was of interest:

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2012/06/nissan-suvs-under-nhtsa-investigation-for-transmission-issues.html
2006 Pathfinder LE VQ40DE AWD, aftermarket radiator, Airlift 1000's, Bilstein HD rear shocks, Doug Thorley shortie headers and mid-pipes, Magnaflow 12580 muffler, aFe Momentum GT CAI w/ dry filter, XTP plenum spacer, Superchips Flashpaq tuner
InNeedOfBoost

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That article is from 2012....
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I learned that a little after I posted it. My bad!
2006 Pathfinder LE VQ40DE AWD, aftermarket radiator, Airlift 1000's, Bilstein HD rear shocks, Doug Thorley shortie headers and mid-pipes, Magnaflow 12580 muffler, aFe Momentum GT CAI w/ dry filter, XTP plenum spacer, Superchips Flashpaq tuner
docwatson

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.ncconsumer.org/news-articles/settlement-reached-in-lawsuit-against-nissan-over-failed-radiators-transmissions.html

Looks like the NHTSA investigation is still on going as of 5-18-16.

Fingers crossed something significant comes out of it.
McMac

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just checking the NHTSA website reading the Pathfinder complaints. They are mostly trans/radiator failures (no surprise) with a few fuel sending and delta stroke sensor failures. There are now a lot of 08's listing the trans/radiator problem occurring this year. In earlier threads on this forum, it seemed like the the 08's were rare, but it looks like it's now their time to fail. Many listed failure at the 100-120k mark, so no warranty help for them. To confirm, NHTSA still lists this as an open investigation.
Kestral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know of two 2009's that failed between 120-140,000
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've had a couple of 2010 models fail, as well, on the forum.
V8Pathy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good to know. I have a 2008 V8 with 79,000 miles. Have a new Nissan radiator I bought last year. Time to schedule an install with my automotive shop...
docwatson

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like they aren't investigating anymore.

UPDATE 10/26/16: NHTSA has closed its investigation into this issue. No further investigation will be conducted and no recall will be issued.

NHTSA’s explanation of its decision is as follows:

NHTSA conducted a comprehensive review of data related to this subject. Our report, documenting this review, is available in the document file for this defect petition. It will also be published in the Federal Register.

Of the 2,505 referenced complaints, 638 relate to a potential hazard (unable to maintain speed, no motive power, engine stall) and 1,867 concern customer satisfaction issues including, but not limited to, repair cost, vehicle shudder and shake, and engine overheating.

Taking into account the allocation of agency resources and priorities and the likelihood that additional investigation would result in a finding that an unreasonable risk to highway safety exists, we conclude that further investigation is not warranted and deny the petition.

https://www.ncconsumer.org/news-articles/nhtsa-launches-defect-investigation-of-nissan-pathfinder-frontier-xterra.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> Nissan Transmission FAIL All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: