2011 Pathfinder ABS sensor wiring harness

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

Dodoinurpants

2011 Pathfinder ABS sensor wiring harness

Postby Dodoinurpants » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:15 am

So I need to replace the front right ABS sensor on my 2011 4wd Pathfinder.

I cannot because the terminal on the wiring harness where the ABS sensor plugs into is missing. The wire was damaged and spliced/repaired by the previous owner or whoever.

Nissan does not sell this terminal as a pig tail part or an ABS wiring harness...They want you to buy the entire wiring harness for the engine room, which is nuts!!! The entire wiring harness is like $850 and ALOT of unnecessary work! This should be a quick fix…

I looked on eBay and Craigslist for anyone parting out a 2005-2012 Pathfinder with no luck. Any ideas?

On another note…do I need to just remove the brake caliper and rotor to get to the ABS sensor or do I need to remove the entire wheel hub assembly?

I wish I can post pics to reflect what I am doing my best to describe here, but the interface on this posting page is from like 1990! Which was a good year by the way…lol

Please any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I want to repair this properly as best as I can and get all 4 wheels spinning. My 4wd is not engaging as a result of this and my ABS, VDC OFF and SLIP light is blowing up my dash…((>_<))

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:51 am

soldering gun, solder, shrink tubing.

Dodoinurpants

Postby Dodoinurpants » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:32 am

So I finally got the ABS connector from an 05 Xterra on Craigslist.

I was able to solder and splice it into my existing harness.

I thought I was screwed because I could not remove my break caliper. One of the bolts where seized and I may have stripped it a bit. Good luck to the mechanic that does my breaks when that time comes!

After removing the big bolt that holds the rotor in place; I discovered that the rotor could be manipulated just enough for me to access the the screw holding the ABS sensor in place.

Whewww...after I was able to remove the sensor from the wheel hub assembly...it was clear sailing from there.

I poped the new one in, then connected it to my new spliced in connector. Popped the wheel back on, reconnected the negative battery terminal.

Started it up and BOOM....! the ABS light was GONE and the SLIP light was GONE!

The VDC OFF light was still on...after driving it for a few seconds...that light disappeared too!

SUCCESS!!!!

Someone really needs to produce an aftermarket pigtail terminal for these ABS sensors.

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”