RE: Supertech synthetic oil analysis

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

Xoebes

Re: RE: Supertech synthetic oil analysis

Postby Xoebes » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:10 am

smj999smj wrote:I got my oil sampled by Blackstone labs. The oil was Walmart's Supertech Full-synthetic 5W30 oil which had 7500 miles logged on it and a genuine Nissan oil filter was used. I have been using this oil in my 2006 Pathfinder LE since I purchased it over 4-years and 65,000 miles ago. The results were great and they say I can run the oil up to 9500 miles. They stated,"Wear was remarkably low compared to universal averages, which show typical wear for these Nissan engines with oil run about 5,800 miles." It looks like I'll be sticking with Supertech oil!
Only if the filter media is also longer. I would venture to say in minute differences like that https://10carbest.com/supertech-oil-filters the only change is in the can size. It only matters if clearances will be an issue, or it sticks down low enough to get hit by road debris.

Example: Newer Subaru filters are longer, but they also are mounted at the top side of the engine in front, for easy access.

But you can still use them on the older cars, as they aren't long enough to pose a problem.

The only filter on a neon that may be an issue is the older 1970's V8 style Fram PH8. These are like the "16" filter, but about twice as long, and a smidge larger diameter. You could probably get away with it on a 2.4 swap/Stratus oiling system. Another closer one to the "16" is the PH43, but I don't know if anyone makes that size anymore, since the 16 is so close. The "43" was basically the shorter version of the "8".

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”