ABS brake system error - Main Harness replaced

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

andykashyap

ABS brake system error - Main Harness replaced

Postby andykashyap » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:30 am

Hello,

I have a 2015 Nissan Pathfinder bought in Nov 2014. I have driven only about 7500 miles. Now on Oct 25th 2015 when starting back from my friends place after I switched on the engine, all the dashboard warning lights were displaying together with the error message saying "i-key system error" and "ABS malfunction error". Dropped off the car at the dealership the next day and car issue was initially diagnosed as"ABS system error" for which parts needed to be ordered from California. It took a week to get the parts and they said still one or the other warning lights is coming on and the issue is not fixed. The on next Friday it was mentioned "the Main Wire Harness" is the issue as its not communicating correctly. This part needed to be ordered and might take another week to get it and fix the issue. My vehicle is in the dealership for the past 1 month and still no resolve.

What are my options at this point ? Can I push the dealership to give me a new car ? Does the lemon law apply here ?

Any suggestions are welcome

Thanks
Amruth

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:49 am

You can certainly talk to the dealership's Sales Manager and/or General Manager about getting you into another new vehicle, but they are under no obligation to do so. However, it doesn't hurt to talk to them and if they are truly committed to customer satisfaction, they "may" do something for you. You can also vent to Nissan's customer service hotline, 1-800-NISSAN-1. You can also rant on Nissan's facebook page. Squeaky wheels get the grease!
As far as Lemon Laws, each state is different and I would recommend you consult an attorney if you wish to go that route. Usually, Lemon Laws give three chances to fix the same problem before they apply.
The main harness is a pretty big repair. The main harness is typically the entire electrical harness that runs behind the dash and ventures into the engine compartment and even towards the back of the vehicle. I've replaced them in other vehicles when I used to work for Nissan and I'm glad I'm not doing them anymore!

Return to “R52 Electrical”