Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

FLiPMaRC

Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Postby FLiPMaRC » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:50 am

Yay or Nay?

Keeping the Pathy. I'm looking to get rid of my old 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse. I think after almost 15 years, it's time to move on.

Wifey wants the Rubicon. Is it worth the premium price? She likes how it "looks" :lol:

Two of my friends just bought a 2016 Wrangler Unlimited Black Bear Edition.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:56 pm

If you like them you like them. My wife had a wrangler years ago but now she's more interested in luxury. Snob.

Worst case she gets tired of it and you sell it. They hold their value better than most anything else.

Kestral

Postby Kestral » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:55 pm

My sister has a 2012 Unlimited and she loves it ...me.. It's ok it's not really that great on the highway. Get use to every Wrangler owner waving to you it's a Jeep thing! And yes they hold there value.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:54 pm

Personally, I think they are way over-priced for what you get. They haven't done much to the styling in 60 years or so. They aren't comfortable to drive. They aren't great on fit and finish and there's hardly any insulation. They are squirrely on the road due to their short wheelbase and they aren't good on gas. Jeep could sell them for $16000 and still make a significant profit! The only good thing about them is they are iconic and they are excellent off-road vehicles. If you don't spend a lot of time off-road, to me it's a waste of money. I'd rather buy an Xterra or Toyota FJ if I did off-road and highway driving.

FLiPMaRC

Postby FLiPMaRC » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:36 am

8) Thanks guys!

I got the Pathy simply by chance. My friend was looking to buy an Armada. So I took a ride with him to a Nissan dealer. I ended up going home with the Pathy and him with nothing :lol:

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:07 am

Much like the Land Rover Discovery, I love the design of the Unlimited. But, I would never buy either one. Every noise outside can be heard inside. The ride is not plush by any means, especially around town. Every time I ride in one, I always think my teeth will be rattled out of their sockets. I'd probably be really tempted to get one if my city/off road driving was at 10%/90%. The biggest problem for me, and one I suggest any prospective buyer to research, is simply the brand. Google "jeep forum" and see how many people are writing about all the problems they are having or have had. It's pretty insane, and the odd thing is that most of the Jeep owners just brush it off and take problems for granted. Those who can't can be found on all the other various SUV forums saying how glad they are to be rid of the Jeep. If someone is set on buying one because it looks bad-ass, any type of logical reasoning will be lost on them because their mind will already be set on the Jeep & will ignore everything else.

FLiPMaRC

Postby FLiPMaRC » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:46 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Very good points. Will do more online research. 8)

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:09 pm

"Jeep....owned by Fiat." Doesn't that say it all? :roll:

Return to “General Automotive”