Newb here, need help.

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

essgt1

Newb here, need help.

Postby essgt1 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:10 pm

i recently had my BCM replaced in my 2007 pathfinder. Prior to the replacement and before my truck died the auto start used to work fine. Now after replacement of the BCM my auto start wont work. Door locks and alarm work fine. I have the original fobs , they are not aftermarket. Is there a way to get the auto start working again or do I need to take t back to the shop? Thanks in advance.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:17 pm

The keys are initialized to the BCM for the security system immobilization system. In order for an aftermarket auto start system to work, they often use a programmed key in the control module which will allow it be recognized by the security system and allow the vehicle to start. My guess would be that the key used by the auto-start system was not initialized during the replacement of the BCM. If you know who installed the auto-start system, I would get in touch with them, first, unless you purchased the vehicle new with the system installed by the selling dealership, in which case, I would contact that dealer.

essgt1

Postby essgt1 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:03 pm

Thanks SMJ. The auto start system came installed by Nissan as we discovered it by looking in the owners manual.The fobs we have were there ones given to us when we purchased the vehicle used. We were told that it took a little longer that normal after replacing the BCM due to the auto start system that we have. I know my truck was towed to Nissan so that they could program the BCM. I will talk to my mechanic to see if I can just take it to Nissan directly and have them program my fobs. Thanks again for your input. :D

Return to “General Automotive”