Darn diff leak!

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

Kestral

Darn diff leak!

Postby Kestral » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:46 pm

So I mentioned in another post I had most of my fluids changed on my 2012 Pathy and now my front diff is leaking! I keep noticing spots in my driveway I hope it's just a crush washer or something? I hope the teck did not over tighten and crack the aluminum case or something? Anyway going back to the shop that did the work. I'm an easy customer I know s--- happens and I like this shop they seem to do good work so I'm sure it will get fixed.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: Darn diff leak!

Postby eieio » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:25 pm

Kestral wrote:So I mentioned in another post I had most of my fluids changed on my 2012 Pathy and now my front diff is leaking! I keep noticing spots in my driveway I hope it's just a crush washer or something? I hope the teck did not over tighten and crack the aluminum case or something? Anyway going back to the shop that did the work. I'm an easy customer I know s--- happens and I like this shop they seem to do good work so I'm sure it will get fixed.
i would tend to question whether they do good work, as this is an easy problem to avoid :roll:
people don't tend to replace crush washers as they should
they also don't use a torque wrench enough

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:25 am

Before going to town, check this post:

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... =vent+tube

I changed the breather tube on my rear diff, and my leak went away. Without the breather, the diff will be under pressure, and can cause a leak. Over time, the tubes plug up with dirt. I replaced with some nylon air hose I had lying around the shop.

t

FLiPMaRC

Postby FLiPMaRC » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:32 am

disallow wrote:Before going to town, check this post:

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... =vent+tube

I changed the breather tube on my rear diff, and my leak went away. Without the breather, the diff will be under pressure, and can cause a leak. Over time, the tubes plug up with dirt. I replaced with some nylon air hose I had lying around the shop.

t
Nice! Thanks 8)

I'm planning on drain/fill by differentials sometime this year. I will take a look at mine.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”