2006 Pathfinder solinoid or transmition rebuild?? Help??

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

Babyshan1

2006 Pathfinder solinoid or transmition rebuild?? Help??

Postby Babyshan1 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:17 pm

So I was driving to work stopped at a light when it turned green I went to accelerate but it felt like there was a lag I put my foot almost to the floor and still my truck was slowly accelerating. A friend at my work has a code checker he got off eBay for $5 lol it said p1757 and p3017 he said it means there is a solinoid problem. I took it to Mr.Transmition a Transmittion repair chain and he said I have to rebuild the transmission ($2300) so now my problem is who is right? Do I need to tapir the solinoid or rebuild the transmission. Anyone else experience something similar?

Things to point out (not sure if it helps or not) when I first turn on the car I can drive for 2 maybe 3 minutes without issue, after I reach 60 it feels normal, when I get to 60 and go down a bit in speed and go back up its seems normal

Grumpah

Postby Grumpah » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:46 pm

Posted in wrong forum.

Babyshan1

Postby Babyshan1 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:12 pm

JayArras wrote:Posted in wrong forum.
I know I don't know how to move it :(

Grumpah

Postby Grumpah » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:38 pm

Send PM to mod.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:08 pm

I took care of moving it to the right forum.

As far as the transmission needing a rebuild, it's possible, but impossible for us to answer. If a clutch pack is deteriorating and sending debris into the fluid, which caused the solenoid to malfunction, then, "yes," it would need to be rebuilt. The big issue with these transmissions are usually not because of internal trans failure due to normal wear and tear, but because the radiator's integral cooler fails and sends engine coolant back to the transmission and ruins it, usually starting with the solenoids.
There are seven solenoids in total if I remember correctly, but Nissan only sells the solenoids as part of the valve body/TCM assembly. You can't get just the solenoid pack from them. You used to be able to get the solenoids on the aftermarket if you did some searching, but I haven't found any for sale in at least two years, and even then each solenoid was sold separately and ran about $70-120 each. A valve body from Nissan runs $850 online and over $1000 over the counter, plus tax.
If you're not confident with the transmission shops assessment, you might be best to get another opinion from another transmission shop or a Nissan dealer.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”