So...i cooked my engine...

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

patomwazi

So...i cooked my engine...

Postby patomwazi » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:38 am

So went dune bashing the other day, bumped the car at some point and bash plate connected with the radi ended blowing the top part(reservoir ) or the radi...anyway we were about a km or so from the road so limped the car to the road side...car is in the shop and confirmed bits that need replacing...Radiator, Head gaskets, Thermostat....
Question is..car is at 160000km it had a major job done at 95000km ...
What else should i be worried about after this job..should i sell it or just keep running it...what else could be cooked and the mech may have missed it..

Kael2001

Postby Kael2001 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:31 am

Worst case scenario with over heating is when coolant leaks in with the oil. Can cause warped head and or cylinders. But pretty unlikely they'd miss that.
If you didn't drive very far afterwards then you may have gotten away with the replaceable parts burning out and no 'extra' damage

patomwazi

Postby patomwazi » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:04 pm

so the guys fixed the car and ducked the AC or rather didnt put it back together properly...had concerns about AC lube leaking...they said dont worry....now..the compressor doesnt even turn....!!!

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”