Please someone help me.. Heater or blower noise

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

kingfisher73

Please someone help me.. Heater or blower noise

Postby kingfisher73 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:30 pm

Hello all.. There is a sound that is coming out of my blower area.. It's sounds like air escaping... It's driving me crazy and really making the truck a disappointment..
And I love this old girl..
05 SE.. Anyone have any thoughts???
I was thinking blower noise.. But I don't know.. Is a hissing.. If I turn off the blower it's gone.. And otherwise doesn't matter if AC is on or off.. What direction the air is coming from..

Going nutty here....

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:27 am

have you tried removing the cabin air filters to make sure they are not clogged?

labsy

Postby labsy » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:00 am

It sounds to me like A/C gas being low, thus evaporating with hissing sound every now and then. Go get your A/C gas re-filled and recycled, and you will also see how much gas is missing there.
I just did mine yesterday, and it's leaking to a total empty during winter. Did not find any leaks, so we just refilled and we'll see (there was only 20g of gas inside, refilled up to 850g per specifications).

kingfisher73

Postby kingfisher73 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:22 am

Was urs hissing as well.... I did notice my AC is not great so this possibly can be the issue..

labsy

Postby labsy » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:30 am

kingfisher73 wrote:Was urs hissing as well.... I did notice my AC is not great so this possibly can be the issue..
Yes, hissing sound in general means A/C being low on gas, while combined with smell of rotten eggs it means there's some noticeable leak, most probably on cabin radiator.

dshontell

Postby dshontell » Fri May 27, 2016 10:16 am

I had to remove the fan from the dash ( very easy just tight for a big guy). i found three leaves that probably fell while changing the cabin filter. They were stuck in the fan messing up air flow

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”