Randomly Stalls and AC issue...

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

nickCR

Randomly Stalls and AC issue...

Postby nickCR » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:16 pm

Hello All!

Having some problems with my Pathfinder. In the last 3 weeks it has turned the motor off all by itself 3 times, twice this week.

My wife is going to take it to the dealer and we are going to get a rental, but is the IPDM / ECM Relay likely the culprit?

Also the AC in the back completely stopped working. We have made several adjustments to the controls and nothing seems to be working. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

labsy

Postby labsy » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:58 am

Regarding A/C, check coolant level at radiator cap and also in coolant reservoir. I usually fill at radiator slowly to the top and then check at reservoir and get ti to max.
Weird, but in my case (I have coolant leaks on engine gasket) when coolant gets low, neither heating nor cooling works.

nickCR

Postby nickCR » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:08 pm

Very interesting. Going to try that. Would make sense in a weird way too.

For reference our Pathfinder is a 2007.... Made 05/2006 so it's likely the ECM Relay that is the culprit. Will know tomorrow from Nissan.

nickCR

Postby nickCR » Sun May 14, 2017 7:25 pm

We finally figured out the issue, it was the crankshaft sensor. I bought an ODBII reader and plugged it in while driving and had torque running. Got the code for the crankshaft sensor when it turned off. Seems to be a common part to replace.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu May 25, 2017 12:04 am

Crank and cam sensors are fairly common failures. Remove the right-front wheel and plastic wheel well liner and the crank sensor will be easy to access. Stick with genuine Nissan or a Hitachi sensor if possible. They aren't expensive, unlike the cam sensors.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”