The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
towing accessories
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TooTallMike wrote:
If my 07 SE w/ 4x4 already has the plug under the dash to connect my brake controller to, do I need 24167-A6000 Wiring Harness - Vehicle Brakes to Trailer Brakes ?

It depends. If you have a "plug'n'play" harness for your brake controller that comes with the plug end to directly connect to the Nissan connector under the dash, then "no." If you have a harness with your brake controller that has nothing but 4 wires at the end of it, then "yes." The wires from your controller harness get spliced with the wires on the 24167-A6000 harness, which will then allow your controller to plug into the Nissan under-dash socket.
2006 Pathfinder LE VQ40DE AWD, aftermarket radiator, Airlift 1000's, Bilstein HD rear shocks, Doug Thorley shortie headers and mid-pipes, Magnaflow 12580 muffler, aFe Momentum GT CAI w/ dry filter, XTP plenum spacer, Superchips Flashpaq tuner
TooTallMike

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last thing I need is the actual bracket to mount the 7pin connector to the hitch. I see two bolt holes but my kit did not come with the bracket. Anyone have the part number or know where I can get it? Thanks in advance!
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had this discussion a couple of years ago. There is a kit that has that bracket (mine came with it for my 2006). The instructions with the kit had a part number for the bracket, but it wasn't a valid part number as far as the Nissan parts catalog, meaning you couldn't order it separately at the time.
The kit I got was Nissan P/N 99978-XR000, which has been superceded to 99978-XR010. As you can see at CourtesyParts.com, it does show the bracket with the kit:

https://www.courtesyparts.com/oem-parts/nissan-7-pin-trailer-wiring-harness-999t8xr010/?c=Zz1oYXVsaW5nJnM9dG93aW5nJmE9bmlzc2FuJm89cGF0aGZpbmRlciZ5PTIwMDYmdD1sZSZlPTQtMGwtdjYtZ2Fz
2006 Pathfinder LE VQ40DE AWD, aftermarket radiator, Airlift 1000's, Bilstein HD rear shocks, Doug Thorley shortie headers and mid-pipes, Magnaflow 12580 muffler, aFe Momentum GT CAI w/ dry filter, XTP plenum spacer, Superchips Flashpaq tuner
TooTallMike

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update***

Called courtesy parts and referenced my order number and they apologized and will get the bracket shipped out to me asap

So good on them
palmerwmd
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TooTallMike wrote:
Update***

Called courtesy parts and referenced my order number and they apologized and will get the bracket shipped out to me asap

So good on them

Great!
Please let us know how it works out. Very Happy

2012 V6 4WD, in Grey over Grey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 General Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: