One vote for Zaino!

Let's go, Zaino, Mothers, Meguiars...Fight!

Moderator: volvite

Triffid
Sponsored Member

One vote for Zaino!

Postby Triffid » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:10 pm

Zaino all the way... http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc ... This stuff ROCKS!........ Triffid

potsyboy

Re: One vote for Zaino!

Postby potsyboy » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:30 am

Triffid wrote:Zaino all the way... http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc ... This stuff ROCKS!........ Triffid
I heard it's great stuff but Klasse was my choice simply due to the ease of use (its also cheaper). If I had the time though I'd probably go with Zaino. Just can't see myself spending all day polishing a car.

offroad_2006

Re: One vote for Zaino!

Postby offroad_2006 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:26 pm

Triffid wrote:Zaino all the way... http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc ... This stuff ROCKS!........ Triffid
So, are you saying that Zaino is better than Mothers?
I have to admit that I know nothing about detailing,
but I’m trying to learn more about it. Out of
curiosity, I looked at the Zaino website, and there’re
so much to choose from. I’ve used Meguiars, not
impressed with it, Mothers is a lot better product,
but I’m willing to try Zaino, if that’s even better,
any recommendation on where should I start? Thx!

Pathy

Postby Pathy » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:57 pm

ZAINO is the best... hands down.

I used it all the time on my black G35. Its way too much work to use it on my new Pathy... Meguiar's spray-on wax it is...

potsyboy

Postby potsyboy » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:08 am

Seriously, try Klasse. Zaino is a great product but, it is WAY TOO expensive and takes too much time when done properly. I did a lot of reading on polishes and Waxes longevity-wise polishes will last longer. If you insist on a was look into Formula 113 best wax I ever used.

offroad_2006

Postby offroad_2006 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:02 am

potsyboy wrote:Seriously, try Klasse. Zaino is a great product but, it is WAY TOO expensive and takes too much time when done properly. I did a lot of reading on polishes and Waxes longevity-wise polishes will last longer. If you insist on a was look into Formula 113 best wax I ever used.
Ya, just heard that the Zaino is good polish, but expensive and a pain to apply all the coats. Also heard that the spray detailer is pretty good too.

Anyone tried the turbowax tire gel? heard is good stuff!

PathfinderGuy

Postby PathfinderGuy » Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:23 pm

ive been using that meguirs <-- sp nxt generation wax....i havent used the others but this wax i prefer to use because of no residue left behind. whatever wax you wipe on , you easily wipe off without leaveing white powder anywhere.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:15 pm

Finally broke down and got some Zaino a while back. Didn't have a chance to use it until now. I have to say I'm not blown away by the results.

That being said I do think it is a very good product. Not having a dark colored car is what I think is the culprit behind not having an "awesome" result. I have an OEM Silver paint job so it is only going to look so good. When I get around to doing the wife's Murano with pearl paint I think I'll see better results.

Really the product doesn't take any longer to put on or take off than any other product out there so to me, the argument of "it takes too much time to do" doesn't hold water. The first time you apply is what takes the most amount of time because of the double wash and the claying. After that it's like a typical wash & wax job.

Price. I just did some searching and Zaino sees to range from slightly cheaper, to the same, to slightly higher than comparable products like Klasse as previously mentioned when comparing apples to apples (ie: polish and detailer from each). Although deals could probably be found for competators as Zaino seems to be highly price controlled.

All in all I like it. Much better results than any carnuba based product I've ever used based on look and feel. Time will tell how well it holds up.

V8Pathy

Postby V8Pathy » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:57 pm

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:19 am

blink32 wrote:Finally broke down and got some Zaino a while back. (snip)
All in all I like it. Much better results than any carnuba based product I've ever used based on look and feel. Time will tell how well it holds up.
So, what are your thoughts now? I started browsing around for a good product last week and came across the Zaino & Ultima. Both products leave me with a sour taste in my mouth, as all the info I can find has the look & feel of pure BS. Much like Xango, Tahitian Noni, Bose, etc. But, I would bite if someone here has some real world results to share (Tony).

The Ultima product looks a lot easier to use, although if one believes any of those so-called "reviews" out there, Zaino has a better <insert> than Ultima & vice-versa. I was going to order up the Ultima PGP cleaner, then just use P21S. It's a tough call since it's very hard to find any real world, non-biased, non-planted info on any of the wax/poly products. Then again, I rarely wash my car & wax maybe once a year. If I was truly anal, I'd have to wash it every weekend because that's how quick it typically gets dirty, most of which comes off the Great Salt Lake & the deserts.
Last edited by NVSteve on Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:30 pm

I'm kind of torn. The pathy still looks really good despite being totally neglected. Way better than I have seen it with regular wax. But it is pricey.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:01 pm

blink32 wrote:I'm kind of torn. The pathy still looks really good despite being totally neglected. Way better than I have seen it with regular wax. But it is pricey.
Have you applied anything since the Zaino last November?

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:36 am

Nope. Everything still comes right off when I wash it though with the "zaino" car wash soap.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:11 am

I ordered up the Ultima products, so I'll post back whenever I get around to applying the stuff. I've found a few Brits on other forums who swear by the stuff, and that's coming from overly anal people who wash their cars every week, wax every month & probably don't drive in inclement weather at all. We'll see...I may have just ordered snake oil.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:52 am

Def let us know.

Return to “Detailing Details”