1993 pathfinder starting issue

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

jabs67

1993 pathfinder starting issue

Postby jabs67 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:37 pm

Hello all. I have a 1993 pathfinder. My issue is when it's really hot out It won't start. The only way I got it to start is tap on the starter while the key is on. I put a new starter in and started right up. It got hot today. Went to go somewhere and it wouldn't start. Please help. Thanks.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:06 pm

Well, just because the starter is "new," doesn't necessarily mean that it's good. I would start by testing the battery and checking the battery cables and connections; make sure there is not excessive resistance through the cables and make sure the battery cable connections are clean and tight. If those are good, make sure there is power getting to the starter solenoid when the key is turned to the "START" position. If you have both of those and it still doesn't crank the engine, I would suspect a faulty starter. If the engine is turning over but won't "fire," that's an entirely different issue. Check for proper fuel pressure and check for spark to the plugs.

Return to “General Automotive”