Rear door won't open.

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Entropy98

Rear door won't open.

Postby Entropy98 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:12 pm

Tried everything from disconnecting the battery to trying to unlock it from the manual emergency lever. It is unlocking when using the door switch and key fob but am unable to open the door. Anyone else had this problem? I can't take the panel off to trouble shoot. What can I do?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:55 pm

It sounds like your latch is broken. Unfortunately, if you can't get the rear hatch open, your only option is to remove the rear panel as carefully as possible and hope that you don't break it in the process, but the possibility exists.

Entropy98

Postby Entropy98 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:23 pm

I think it happened while wheeling outside of Moab. The cooler got tossed around pretty good. I will try to remove without breaking the panel. Once I get in there how can I unlatch it manually? Looks like a fun day for me in the morning.

Thanks,

Entropy98

Postby Entropy98 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:44 pm

So after getting the rear cover off in one piece, I was able to figure the problem out. The entire lock mechanism was bent out of place to an angle that would not allow the door to open. This happened while were wheeling pretty hard in Moab on one of the big obstacles. I am just happy I was able to fix it.

Thanks again for your help and insight!

Return to “R51 Electrical”