Who has wheel spacers?

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

not on the rug

Who has wheel spacers?

Postby not on the rug » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:12 am

Was thinking of adding some spacers to the pathy. Nothing crazy, either 3/4" or 1". The ones from motorsport tech seem to be well Mde and have excellent reviews on some of the other truck forums I have researched.

So who here is running spacers and which ones? Post pics if you can.
Thanks

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:19 am

1.75" rear

Make sure to get hub centric torque to spec and a dab of loctite.

not on the rug

Postby not on the rug » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:10 am

Looks awesome!

I ordered the 1" spacers from motorsport-tech. Running 285-70-17 tires right now. Can't get away with too much here in NJ without adding some sort of fender flare.

forgottenzone

Postby forgottenzone » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:56 pm

I have 2 inch wheel spacers. Great improvement. Wider, much better handling and stability.

not on the rug

Postby not on the rug » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:41 am

forgottenzone wrote:I have 2 inch wheel spacers. Great improvement. Wider, much better handling and stability.
Running 2" in Jersey? Do you get hassled by the cops? I see guys with huge trucks running huge spacers and wheels with zero offset and tires sticking out 6-8" all the time and I think they're nuts.

The 1" spacers look great. I installed them a week ago and actually went back to factory height because the rancho kit was pure garbage. I did some trimming on the front of the fender well, but I need to do a bit on the back of the fender well because it' rubs pretty badly now

albus415

Postby albus415 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:44 pm

not on the rug wrote:
forgottenzone wrote:I have 2 inch wheel spacers. Great improvement. Wider, much better handling and stability.
Running 2" in Jersey? Do you get hassled by the cops? I see guys with huge trucks running huge spacers and wheels with zero offset and tires sticking out 6-8" all the time and I think they're nuts.

The 1" spacers look great. I installed them a week ago and actually went back to factory height because the rancho kit was pure garbage. I did some trimming on the front of the fender well, but I need to do a bit on the back of the fender well because it' rubs pretty badly now
I'm surprised to hear the Rancho quick lift kit is garbage, I just got an '07 LE, and was considering putting that set up on mine so I could try and fit Nitto Ridge Grapplers @ 285/75 r17 on the stock rims. Any more feedback on why it sucked? I see in your signature you're running 285/70 r17, with the trimming you mentioned are you going to be able to make them work without the lift? That sounds like a much easier path for me without sacrificing much tire size.

not on the rug

Postby not on the rug » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:57 am

albus415 wrote:
I'm surprised to hear the Rancho quick lift kit is garbage, I just got an '07 LE, and was considering putting that set up on mine so I could try and fit Nitto Ridge Grapplers @ 285/75 r17 on the stock rims. Any more feedback on why it sucked? I see in your signature you're running 285/70 r17, with the trimming you mentioned are you going to be able to make them work without the lift? That sounds like a much easier path for me without sacrificing much tire size.
Sorry for the delay in responding. I haven't logged on in a while

Within 1 year of putting it on, the setup was absolutely trashed. I was bouncing all over the road like I was driving a 40 year old vehicle. It was downright scary at times. I've never seen a setup wear out that quickly on any car or truck. And this vehicle never saw dirt or trail or anything. I was strictly on the road. I needs to run 25-30psi in my airlift bags just to keep the rear end planted.

I replaced all 4 corners and the ride was back to being perfect. Stock height. Monroe quick struts in the front and monroe shocks in the rear. running 10-12psi in the airlift bags and probably don't even need to.

the 285-70-17 works just fine without the lift. I rant them for a while before I added the lift anyway. The 1" BORA wheel spacers at stock height caused serious rubbing though. I had to do some trimming to make that work

DiBo

Postby DiBo » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:05 am

I have rancho quicklift 2" up front and bilstein and rancho spacers in the rear with airbags.
I don't know about your experience with the poor quality of your ride after the lift but mine was 100x better after. Have it almost 3 years now and still rocking.
The stock suspension on kine was trash when I took it off too. But now it's tight strong and stable, rides like a truck based SUV should.

This is parts:

not on the rug

Postby not on the rug » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:39 am

I have an '07 and the stock suspension was pretty trashed when I added the rancho. It immediately changed the ride and the truck actually rode exactly how it should.

within 1 year (about 13k miles) the ride was just as bad as the 7 year old stock suspension was. it was totally shot. I was all over the road, bouncing around like crazy. it was not safe. I played with the adjustment settings, stiff, soft, middle, etc. it never made a difference. they were all just shot.

I had the alignment done again, to see if that was the issue. nope. it was perfect. had my buddy take a look at the truck. not a damn thing wrong. i toughed it out for another year with that junk until i had the cash to replace it. total of 27k miles in a little over 2 years.

I'd never buy anything rancho ever again. hands down, in all of my years of modified cars and trucks, this is the worst experience i've ever had with a suspension product

DiBo

Postby DiBo » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:00 am

That's too bad man. Maybe it was a bad run of shocks or. Something.

Did you ever contact rancho?

Maybe try bilstein they are great too.

not on the rug

Postby not on the rug » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:28 am

I never did because it was a year before they really went to shit. The warranty would have been up anyway and I doubt they would have done anything for me.

The monroes are ok so far (After a few months) and if they go bad, i'll run the factory setup in the front and billsteins in the back. I have 105k miles right now and I'm trying to get about 150k out of it before i get rid of it anyway. I'm going to spend as little money on this vehicle as possible so i'm hoping the monroes hold up for 3 more years or so

DiBo

Postby DiBo » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:39 am

1.5" Spidertrax spacers all around with offset - 6 wheels 16x8 and 4.5" backspace.

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”