Next generation pathy and nissan patrol??

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

coom1986

Next generation pathy and nissan patrol??

Postby coom1986 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:21 am

Heya people, since we have such a good number of enthusiasts here, any thoughts on what the new generation nissan pathifnder would be.??

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/09/niss ... -on-frame/

I dont want them to revert back to a unibody. Make the pathy a cross over!! no way..I love the feeeling of this ladder frame since most of actually use it for what its made for.
I think the 2008 models handled all the issues regarding the amount of luxury amenities which were lacking in the previous model years. It provides good off road capabilities with good enough luxury to keep me satisfied. I dont do much towing but im sure many of you here do and know that the pathy is quite capable.

anyways moving on, i dont know if you guys have heard of the Nissan Patrol, but its very popular in this part of the world..Any idea on when the next gen patrol will be out and also specifications??

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:45 am

I don't ever hear people complain about the Grand Cherokee's being Unibodies. CUV is a little harsh, CRV's, Rondo's, Murano's, Highlanders, XC70... are CUVs. I find the article's assumption the Path is going "cute Ute' " a tad ignorant since Nissan already has the Rouge and the Murano which are pretty similar in size. Unibody isn't some magical term which automatically christens a vehicle a "Crossover/ Cute Ute'."
I admit the Pathfinder's chassis feels ridgid (should be seeing it's built of the Titan frame) but the I find the IRS to be it's biggest handicap for a vehicle of this size and weight without the real hardware to make it either "Real" offroad rig or the tuning of the suspension to make the road handeling makeup for the loss.
Seeing this will probably be my last go round in the SUV market I regret Nissan never brought the Patrol here, which has always had the real OR stuff the Path never got right. Cest La Vie.

Return to “General Automotive”