Popping noise. Front pass

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

Sf49168

Popping noise. Front pass

Postby Sf49168 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:35 pm

What's going on ? I have a 08 path SE 6cyl. I been hearing from time to time a popping ( kinda like something is stuck, than flies into place ) on the front passenger side. Seems like it does this almost every time I turn into my driveway and the tire hits a small dip/ lip where st meets driveway. Couple people said maybe ball joint ???

Dealership never heard anything ( when I had extended Warrenty )

Any ideas what it could be? Just added new Monroe quick struts in front & Monroe shocks in back. Noise in front still there

Thanks a lot

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:11 pm

Check your front sway bar mount bushings. The original design had the split directly behind the bar, which caused the bar to press through and make a knocking noise against the cross member. New design mount bushing relocated the split in the bushing to prevent this. There's a TSB on the issue. The good news is the bushings from Nissan are relatively cheap.

BullDozer

Postby BullDozer » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:59 am

Same issue here especially when slow and turning and slight upgrade

Turned out to be lower control arm. Bushings were toast

underworld1001

Postby underworld1001 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:42 am

Not trying to thread jack, but is there a way to test if the control arm bushings are gone? I had a friend tell me to jack up the vehicle and grab the tire from the sides and push in/out on opposite sides (kinda the same motion when walking when your arms move back & forth), to see if there is play. Not sure how accurate that is.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”