2006 Pathfinder Front Driver Side Door Stuck

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

CiK

2006 Pathfinder Front Driver Side Door Stuck

Postby CiK » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:50 am

Hi everybody! I have seen a lot of posts about stuck and locked rear Pathfinder doors, but not anything on front or passenger doors.

I have a 2006 Pathfinder with 127XXX miles on it. This morning I went to open the drivers side door. I heard a noise, but didn't notice anything until I went to close the door. When I did, the door wouldn't latch. I eventually got it to latch, but then it stuck in the closed position. I couldn't open the door from the outside or the inside.

I thought it was just frozen so I parked it in the garage and let it run for about 20 minutes. The inside handle eventually opened the door, but the outside handle still won't. I have both the passenger and drivers side panels off, and I am not seeing any movement of the lock latch actuator when I pull the handle like I do with the passenger door. That makes me believe its either something broke at the handle or the lock actuator itself. There is a little play in the handle now, but I can't pinpoint why.

Anybody have any leads? Advice? Many thanks!

Tony

kngTgr

Re: 2006 Pathfinder Front Driver Side Door Stuck

Postby kngTgr » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:08 am

CiK wrote:Hi everybody! I have seen a lot of posts about stuck and locked rear Pathfinder doors, but not anything on front or passenger doors.

I have a 2006 Pathfinder with 127XXX miles on it. This morning I went to open the drivers side door. I heard a noise, but didn't notice anything until I went to close the door. When I did, the door wouldn't latch. I eventually got it to latch, but then it stuck in the closed position. I couldn't open the door from the outside or the inside.

I thought it was just frozen so I parked it in the garage and let it run for about 20 minutes. The inside handle eventually opened the door, but the outside handle still won't. I have both the passenger and drivers side panels off, and I am not seeing any movement of the lock latch actuator when I pull the handle like I do with the passenger door. That makes me believe its either something broke at the handle or the lock actuator itself. There is a little play in the handle now, but I can't pinpoint why.

Anybody have any leads? Advice? Many thanks!

Tony
Hopefully you were able to fix this, I have a similar problem, my key wont go all the way in the lock, so it does not turn, anybody have any ideas or a way to fix it?

Thank you

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:49 am

If the key won't go all the way into the lock cylinder, it sounds like the lock cylinder is broken and needs to be replaced.

CiK

Re: 2006 Pathfinder Front Driver Side Door Stuck

Postby CiK » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:47 pm

kngTgr wrote:Hopefully you were able to fix this, I have a similar problem, my key wont go all the way in the lock, so it does not turn, anybody have any ideas or a way to fix it?

Thank you
Mine wasn't like that. Dealer rigged mine back up a few months ago. Its not a final solution and it will probably fail again. I have the lock mechanism sitting in my garage but haven't needed to tear into yet.

I would agree with smj999smj that your lock cylinder is broke.

kngTgr

Postby kngTgr » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:19 am

Crap, I was hoping for a simple "just spray some WD-40" type of solution, thank you guys,

Marco

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:40 pm

You can certainly try WD40. You never know!

kngTgr

Happy to report

Postby kngTgr » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:50 am

One think I didn't mentioned before was that the Pathfinder was not used for a long time, which drained the battery completely, so I couldn't use the remote to unlock, (I had to call AAA to get access) the key cylinder remained blocked even after I jump started the truck, then I removed the battery, and charged it completely, after reinstalling the battery, the door cylinder accepts the key and turns just fine.
Nos as easy as WD40, but just as good

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”