Rear interior cover thingamajig?

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

theAut0

Rear interior cover thingamajig?

Postby theAut0 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:23 pm

Bought a 2012. It didn't come with the thing that covers the "trunk" area. Hard to describe, so I'll do it this way (hypothetical): If I were hauling gold nuggets behind the 3rd row seat, and I wanted to cover them, there's a little rollup thing usually to cover the "trunk" area, extending from the top of the rear seats to the decklid.
Two questions:
1. What's it called?
2. Where can I find one?

Thanks a ton, I love the ride, so far.

-aut0

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:07 am

It's called a tonneau cover or cargo cover. The part was only available for about two years on the R51 Pathy in North America. It was part number 84982-EA602 for the gray colored cover and listed for $540, so, even if it was available, most people wouldn't want to pay that much for it. The one for the Xterra is only $60, but it is different because it doesn't have a third row seat. The Pathfinder cover was able to cover the rear whether you had the third row seat up or down. I believe they are still available in Australia, but, again the cost is prohibitive. Some have modified the Xterra cover to get it to work in the Pathfinder, but I'm not sure exactly what was involved nor how it worked out. There was a thread on this a couple of years ago, so you may be able to find it using the search function.

http://nissan.findlayauto.com/p/Nissan_ ... origin=pla

theAut0

Postby theAut0 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:05 pm

Ahhh, thanks! Got some searching to do.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”