The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Diagnosing Airbag Light

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanJetta

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject: Diagnosing Airbag Light Reply with quote

Has anyone ever diagnosed their airbag light with the key on/off thing?

My airbag light started flashing so I put it into diagnostic mode and, according to the interweb, it's supposed to blink for three seconds and then blink a code. Mine is just doing the three second blink (diagnostic mode indicator) without giving me a code. Am I doing something wrong or is this something you can only do with a dealership code reader?
smj999smj

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do it without taking it to the dealer. The procedure is described on page SRC-15 of the SRC chapter in the 2008 Pathfinder factory service manual. You can download this section from the "knowledge base" at NissanHelp.com.
DanJetta

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's the procedure I'm using. For a no-code it says to check the fuse and then connect to a Consult-III. Wasn't sure if there was something I was missing.

Our local dealership isn't known for their trustworthiness so I was hoping to go in informed.

Thank you for the help.
disallow
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuse or continuity, ie are all the plugs seated and connected properly? It's the yellow ones.

'05 Pathfinder SE Premium 4x4 - 315000kms (195000mi) - weekend warrior, Cortex Superchips on 87 Octane Tune, K&N filtercharger, Airlift 1000, Prodigy Brake controller, 7 pin trailer hookup, Prostart Remote Starter, Bilstein 4600 rear shocks, Cooper Discoverer ATw P265/70/16
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: