Nissan CEL P0496 2006 pathfinder no start.

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

jokertand

Nissan CEL P0496 2006 pathfinder no start.

Postby jokertand » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:24 am

I have a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder with a v6. I let the vehicle sit for about a week and now it wont start. I ran the cel code and got P0496. What does this mean and where should I start to repair the vehicle? I know that it is a fuel sensor of some kind but, I don't know which one or where it is located so I am unable to begin repairs. I know all data has this information but they want me to subscribe to their services in order to obtain this information. Can someone tell me what I need to do in order to fix my Pathfinder? Just a troubleshooting guide or something would be very helpfull. Thanks alot.

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:22 am

i started my pathfinder up for the first time in like a month it cranked for a little but then turned over fine, is this becoming a problem for the r51's?

HillbillyJake

Postby HillbillyJake » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:44 pm

they had a problem with the battery at one point. i am not sure which years but you could have a bum battery. they all discharge over time, faster if it is cold. if it crankes over fast then you may be loosing fuel pressure. you have to wait till the fuel gets from the pump to the motor before it will start. it may drop pressure slow enough that it does not affect the day to day or even week to week starting but if it sits for a month or more.

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:44 pm

HillbillyJake wrote:they had a problem with the battery at one point. i am not sure which years but you could have a bum battery. they all discharge over time, faster if it is cold. if it crankes over fast then you may be loosing fuel pressure. you have to wait till the fuel gets from the pump to the motor before it will start. it may drop pressure slow enough that it does not affect the day to day or even week to week starting but if it sits for a month or more.
they had to tow my pathfinder after the stock battery blew while it was siting over night at work sent acid all over the terminal, had to tow it to the dealer

HillbillyJake

Postby HillbillyJake » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:27 pm

sorry to hear that. i hope they got you fixed up and cleaned up. that acid is some nasty crap.

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:18 pm

HillbillyJake wrote:sorry to hear that. i hope they got you fixed up and cleaned up. that acid is some nasty crap.
they cleaned and fixed it, i put a Duralast in it so its all good now

jokertand

Well I know it is not a battery problem.

Postby jokertand » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:10 pm

I had the battery tested. Besides I still have power. nI just can't get fire. The cel said there was a fuel sensor of some sort that is the problem so if you have any other ideas please let me know. thanks

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:18 pm

why not call nissan tell them to pick the dam thing up or your gunna give it back, be nice first then resort to that to get them to fix it

HillbillyJake

Postby HillbillyJake » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:57 am

I was reading on another forum over the weekend that some people were having trouble with the chip in the key syncing up with the computer. the truck would just crank and crank but not fire. these folks had to have their keys reprogramed. ask the dealer about it next time you call. i think i red about it on edmunds townhall

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:20 am

HillbillyJake wrote:I was reading on another forum over the weekend that some people were having trouble with the chip in the key syncing up with the computer. the truck would just crank and crank but not fire. these folks had to have their keys reprogramed. ask the dealer about it next time you call. i think i red about it on edmunds townhall
that happened to my matrix it would crank but would not start everything would work but it wouldn't turn over, check the keys i bet you thats what it is.

jokertand

Thanks.

Postby jokertand » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:34 pm

I think that miay be whats going on. But I will try to get the dealership to fix it befor anything else. Thanks for the advise and info.

Facevedo17

Postby Facevedo17 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:00 am

good thing I found this my car won't start especially now that its cold and its only in the morning and the rest of the day its starts up find , Mines also cranks but no ignite .......do you guys think its mostly the key programing or battery issue

Facevedo17

Postby Facevedo17 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:38 pm

problem solve batterry I had issued from dealer had a bad cell , and was cranking at 500w cold start not good for a big v6 suv ...replaced today today with an interstate

thetiger

Postby thetiger » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:33 pm

jokertand,

I had the same problem. At least started like that. The battery dying and I replaced it with a Duralast. However before changing it I noticed that everytime I cranked it, the engine would start but it would startle like it had no fuel and the rpm were jumping from 500 to 1500. Which I figured would go away after replacing the bad battery. Since the old batt was 500 CCA and the new was 750 CCA. I was wrong, it was the IPDM. But if I had not taken the PF to the dealer I would problaly had spended more trying to figure out what was wrong. :wink:

MonkeyMike

Postby MonkeyMike » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:20 am

Facevedo17 wrote:problem solve batterry I had issued from dealer had a bad cell , and was cranking at 500w cold start not good for a big v6 suv ...replaced today today with an interstate
seems to be a common problem with these OEM batteries. mine had a bad cell last month. it was only 8 months old.

~mike

Return to “General Automotive”