Nissan CEL P0496 2006 pathfinder no start.

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

BlueBerryPath

PAth 2006 battery down

Postby BlueBerryPath » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:24 pm

Hi Guys,
Really it's a problem. Here is my saga with my path 2006. During the first winter 2006-2007 i had this experience too. Twice time minimum. The battery was so down that i could't start the car. And some of my electronics fileds was reseted to zero.

I spoke to the garage about this and they seem didn't believe me about this.
The asked me to keep the car until it do it again with a weather below 25-30C . But the waether coming warmer. So for this first year it was to late and for the warranty replacement too ( Bought new during summer06).

Whinter 2007-08, PAth still at the hotel 2 weeks. AS came back. Battery down another time. went to Qc Garage and change the battery and PAID for that.

Winter 2008-09. During holiday, car till 1 week. AGAIN the battery was so down that it didn't start again. NOTE that it was plugged all night.

2 weeks ago, I went to the dealer to check the car. TEst WAS without any problems ???? NOW i tried to resolved it with NISSAN.

DO you have some suggest? IT SEEM A REAL PROBLEM FOR THIS PATH"

me&pathy

Re: PAth 2006 battery down

Postby me&pathy » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:03 am

BlueBerryPath wrote:Hi Guys,
Really it's a problem. Here is my saga with my path 2006. During the first winter 2006-2007 i had this experience too. Twice time minimum. The battery was so down that i could't start the car. And some of my electronics fileds was reseted to zero.

I spoke to the garage about this and they seem didn't believe me about this.
The asked me to keep the car until it do it again with a weather below 25-30C . But the waether coming warmer. So for this first year it was to late and for the warranty replacement too ( Bought new during summer06).

Whinter 2007-08, PAth still at the hotel 2 weeks. AS came back. Battery down another time. went to Qc Garage and change the battery and PAID for that.

Winter 2008-09. During holiday, car till 1 week. AGAIN the battery was so down that it didn't start again. NOTE that it was plugged all night.

2 weeks ago, I went to the dealer to check the car. TEst WAS without any problems ???? NOW i tried to resolved it with NISSAN.

DO you have some suggest? IT SEEM A REAL PROBLEM FOR THIS PATH"
i love my pathfinder but shit keeps going wrong im looking to replace it. Nissan makes it very hard to get them to fix stuff.

phantom2

Postby phantom2 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:17 pm

I'm on my third battery after 48000 miles.I finally decided to get an Optima hoping that I'll get better life from it.I really can't complain since this is the only issue I've had with the PF.

Return to “General Automotive”