The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Led pods

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Electrical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pathfinderspot10

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Led pods Reply with quote

Has anyone replaced the factory fog light housing and installed the led pods? Of so how did you do it? Post some pics. Thanks guys
Tusk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just popped in LED bulbs - superbrightleds.com

AFE CAI / IPS / Ported TB / TB Screen Delete / AFE Headers / Gibson Cat-back / Bullydog / Goodridge SS Lines / Hawk LTS Pads / EBC Blank Rotors

Alpine PKG-RSE3DVD / JBL MS-8 / Zapco ASP-OEB, ST-5D, & ST-2D / SB Acoustics tweeter, mid-range, mid-bass, subwoofer / Stinger
nismopath

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id love to see this if anyone has done it !
cstock08

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im also debating doing this... thinking of going with a 3 inch pod
2012 R51 4x4, 265/75/16 wrangler authority A/T, black chrome grill/rear trim/badging, bull bar with added 20 inch lightbar, 50 inch curved lightbar, led back ups and cree back up flood leds, JVC head unit, nismo badging grill/tailgate/rear quarters/wheels, switchback led headlights with paint matched housings, blacked out tail lights, 5% tint around, spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Plasti dipped wheels, middle seat removed,B/U camera installed
Code Pathfinder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:29 am    Post subject: Pods are a NO GO 🙁 Reply with quote

Just tried on my Pathfinder yesterday No go you would have to modify the bumper bezel for it to work. Even then you'll have a gap where water could get in.

I would just go with getting led bulbs and factory fog light units. You can run your own switch for them or just use the switch on your headlights switch if you have the fog light option. If not order the part on ebay or some part site.
Supreme suspensions 1.5 inch wheeel spacers
Led Light-bars- 20 inch 22 inch 50 inch curved
Black poweder Coated Bullbar
Black trim headlights
RGB Rock lights
cstock08

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Modifying the bumper bezel was something I expected to do...just a tiny bit of cutting and some universal brackets should so the trick Id think?? Unless theres something you saw that would keep that from working???
2012 R51 4x4, 265/75/16 wrangler authority A/T, black chrome grill/rear trim/badging, bull bar with added 20 inch lightbar, 50 inch curved lightbar, led back ups and cree back up flood leds, JVC head unit, nismo badging grill/tailgate/rear quarters/wheels, switchback led headlights with paint matched housings, blacked out tail lights, 5% tint around, spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Plasti dipped wheels, middle seat removed,B/U camera installed
Code Pathfinder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject: Up and I you Reply with quote

If you can get the pods to fit by modifying the bezel then it should work.

The only concern I had was how I was going to get some of the gaps filled around the pod. Maybe using some epoxy or even getting a plastic welder if possible.
Supreme suspensions 1.5 inch wheeel spacers
Led Light-bars- 20 inch 22 inch 50 inch curved
Black poweder Coated Bullbar
Black trim headlights
RGB Rock lights
cstock08

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what if you got flush mount...like a 5 inch pod, that would help where you wouldnt have to fill anything
Infinity-x

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the Morimoto LED fog lights that are going for ~$160.. they're super bright and cast a really sharp cutoff. I know it's not really what you're asking about but figured I would chime since its an LED option. Ignore the headlights, they're warming up is why they had the odd color.

kennynnek

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infinity, what headlights are those??
Infinity-x

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kennynnek wrote:
Infinity, what headlights are those??

Believe it or not they're the stock housings. I baked them open and painted the insides and retrofitted projectors into them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Electrical All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: