OME warning about no warranty on lift kits.

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

garnos

OME warning about no warranty on lift kits.

Postby garnos » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:36 pm

Yes, another newbie to the Pathy. Replaced my venerable 1997 Montero with a 2005 Nissan Pathfinder LE. I had OME on my Montero and on my previous Discovery so I automatically went to Rocky Road Outfitters for my pathfinder...but then I saw the disclaimer. Is that accurate for the 05? I thought it was because of the changes to the suspension on the newer models with V8 option. Anybody out here running OME on their 05 didn't have the alignment issue or it's accurate for this year too? All replies appreciated, even the smart ass ones!

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:01 am

They just don't want to be liable for anything since nissan really messed up with the geometry of the suspension. When you lift the rear it will become difficult to align and could cause premature wear on tires.

4x4part.com sell some expensive camber bolts that you can add to the top in the rear to help re align.

Also check out
Nisstec.com

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:15 pm

I'm running the OME on my '07. Finally ended up with camber bolts a few years ago (and new lower control arms) to help with alignment.

The biggest thing to be aware of with OME, specifically their shocks, is the paltry 1 year warranty. I've had one fail on me & don't plan on ever using their shocks again purely because of the lack of warranty. I can totally understand the disclaimer from RR, especially seeing as how finicky our Pathfinders are.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”