2005 Pathfinder Lift Kit?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

stoltz

2005 Pathfinder Lift Kit?

Postby stoltz » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:21 am

Does anyone know of a lift kit for the 2005 Pathfinder?
I am only looking for about 2".
If I install this, will it void the factory warranty?

I thought I saw a lift for this vehicle, but can't remember where.

macbell7

Postby macbell7 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:28 am

I'm looking for something similar. I know Rancho has a 3" kit my local shop quoted me $450 installed. I'm just looking to put some 33's and lil bit of lift, nothing outrageous.

stoltz

Postby stoltz » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:05 am

I just did a search and couldn't find anything from Rancho. can you give me a link?

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:07 am

Most of the guys, that have lift kits, on this forum have used OME...
http://www.oldmanemu.com/
Hope this helps......... triffid

guinnessjim

Postby guinnessjim » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:34 am

haven't heard good stuff about the ranch lift (but really have never seen it)...but i do have the OME suspension and and very happy w/ it.

search the boards for OME. you might find info about a member who toyed w/ the quicklift also.

here is a link to one of the OME threads:
http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... &start=150

and here are some pics of a bunch of us w/ the OME in DVNP:
http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... c&start=45

warning: once you get the OME, you'll be tempted to get a new set of shoes!

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Re: 2005 Pathfinder Lift Kit?

Postby NVSteve » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:04 pm

stoltz wrote:Does anyone know of a lift kit for the 2005 Pathfinder?
As Jim mentioned, most of us are running the OME (Old Man Emu) kit from ARB. There are maybe 3 other options that I know of, but they are also Australian parts & I haven't seen them in the States yet. I'd stay far away from the Rancho option.
If I install this, will it void the factory warranty?
No, but they won't replace the OME shocks & springs if there is a problem.
I thought I saw a lift for this vehicle, but can't remember where.
Here's the application spec sheet for the R51 Pathfinder

Here's where I bought mine. You can get them from pretty much any authorized ARB shop.

G35TR

Postby G35TR » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:03 pm

I'm still waiting to hear from Rag on the ICON setup he was looking into.

stoltz

Postby stoltz » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:09 pm

NVSteve,
Looking at the complete kit...Did you go with the struts, or without? Is it necessary to replace the front struts? Do they give longer travel?
Heavy duty or medium?

How long did it take you to install and do you need any special tools, or did you take it to a shop.

I have a 2000 wrangler that I put a 3" BDS lift on. It wasn't difficult, just took me awhile.

Should I try this myself?

Got any pics of the lifted Pathy?

bigriver

Postby bigriver » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:40 pm

guinnessjim

Postby guinnessjim » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:27 pm

stoltz wrote:NVSteve,
Looking at the complete kit...Did you go with the struts, or without? Is it necessary to replace the front struts? Do they give longer travel?
Heavy duty or medium?

How long did it take you to install and do you need any special tools, or did you take it to a shop.

I have a 2000 wrangler that I put a 3" BDS lift on. It wasn't difficult, just took me awhile.

Got any pics of the lifted Pathy?
some pics on this page of NVS and my path w/ OME.

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... t=ome#3462

also some links to picks further up in the thread of several pathys w/ OME out in death valley. multiple types of tires there as well

stoltz

Postby stoltz » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:59 am

What one to pick

PRG Pathfinder Mini Kit
PRG Price: $269.00
Looks like spacers under the coils

or

OME
for $466
Not sure what all comes in that kit

Any pros/cons for either?

Thanks,

guinnessjim

Postby guinnessjim » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:17 am

OME is a full suspension upgrade. this is the way to go if you intend to play off-road in your pathy. and i think you'll end up close to a grand unless you can install this yourself (be sure to check the link regarding the difficulties of self installation)

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:35 am

stoltz wrote:NVSteve,
Heavy duty or medium?
I went with shocks & springs. Since the springs bump the height, I wasn't going to try and use the stock shocks. Besides, the OME is designed as a kit, meaning their shocks are made for the springs and vice-versa.

I went with mediums front & rear, although on hindsight I would have gone for the heavy up front. Somewhere around here someone reported that the heavy is identical to the medium in terms of spring rate, the only difference being that the heavy is a bit taller. That would pretty much balance out the vehicle, as in no rake.
I took mine to a shop. I checked 3 places fairly close to my office. 1 wouldn't install something I didn't buy from them, another wanted somewhere between $400-600 to install, and the third did the whole job for about $200.

If you have access to a great spring compressor, go for it. The whole install sounds much more straight forward & less painful than a solid axle. I've replaced leaf springs, done the add-a-leaf, shackles, etc. (although no blocks-I don't believe in them). Solid axle lifts are so incredibly easy, but time consuming & bit taxing on the muscles. It's a bit easier on the PF since you are only dealing with relatively light shocks and springs. Pull off the old, put on the new. The only hiccup that prevented me from doing this myself is the spring compressor. Blink had a bitch of a time finding something that would work, and his solution isn't cheap for the guy who will only do this once in a blue moon.

Got any pics of the lifted Pathy?[/quote]

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:29 pm

I installed my OME myself. Took a while (8hrs). I wouldn't even consider doing it myself without at the verry least a strut compressor like a Branick. The rinky-dink Autoparts store rental jobs that are essentailly two hooks on a threaded bolt won't cut it. Take my word for it, or get comfortable with the nickname "uncle 3 fingers." Seriously that spring has to be crunched with a steady solid pressure. I did a 4 coil/shock ZJ lift a few years back that took me 3hrs to complete solo. With out some nice tools your not going to want to try this one with any children or cleargy within earshot.
If your a sado-massichitst or idiot do it without a lift of air tools. If you don't have a lift and have a bad back pay someone to do it or make a doctor's appt. in advance. If I were to do it again I would have gone heaviest rate spring back and front, but thats my preferance.

G35TR

Postby G35TR » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:45 pm

stoltz wrote:What one to pick

PRG Pathfinder Mini Kit
PRG Price: $269.00
Looks like spacers under the coils

or

OME
for $466
Not sure what all comes in that kit

Any pros/cons for either?

Thanks,
Would both be possible? Seems if so, you get close to 4" of lift. I'm guessing if this is possible, CV's and alignment might become an issue?

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”