New to Nissan... Said goodbye to my Toyota

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

Spencenaz

New to Nissan... Said goodbye to my Toyota

Postby Spencenaz » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:54 am

The family grew and my 4Runner could no longer fit us all so I made the 3rd row switch to this baby! I'm working through what I've found to be "standard" quirks, such as fuel sender, oil pressure sender, faulty fan clutch, etc... But overall I love it and I'm surprised by the amount of raw power the 4 liter produces!

This is the roof rack and light bar I just barely installed and I'm about to do the wiring. I'll look around the site for wiring suggestions but if anyone has any pointers I'm all ears.

Looking forward to being a part of the Nissan Path community!

Sending my regards from Idaho 8)

Image[/img]

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:20 am

Welcome! :D

m.powerpt

Postby m.powerpt » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:21 am

Thats great. i actually have almost the exact same story. I had a 4-Runner since 2005 and was definitely a fan of it. 250k miles later, Im sitting here with kids and the need for that 3rd row. So i did some research and went with a 2011 Pathfinder. And i love it. i agree with you on the raw power of that engine. Yea it guzzles gas a little bit when youre moving around town but its a completely different of ride than what my 4 Runner was. Im also about to install a roof rack this weekend. no Light bar though. lol

dankmaymay

Postby dankmaymay » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:37 pm

I burned half a tank of gas just driving around town for a couple of days so it's pretty fuel inefficient.

But I smirk at the Prius drivers when it's snowing or wet.

Spencenaz

Postby Spencenaz » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:21 pm

Yeah the Pathfinder definitely has a unique feel to it that I'm quite fond of. Feels a little more like a luxury ride than my 4Runner did, even though they have very similar options.

My fuel level sender is "intermittent" so I never really know how fuel I have left. Not entirely looking forward to dropping the tank... I've heard it's kind of a bear. But so long as I DO have fuel... the 4x4 kicks butt and the traction control is on-point.

I'm glad to hear that you guys are liking yours as well!

DiBo

Postby DiBo » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:35 pm

Welcome! Nice rig man.

What are your plans and intentions / what do you primarily plan on using the pathy for?

And also this place is by far the greatest thing to ever happen to pathfinders ever! Lol

Spencenaz

Postby Spencenaz » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:36 pm

Thanks a lot! I'm really looking forward to putting some time into making it how I want it.

Ultimately it's just an all around family rig. Wife will put most of the miles on it running around town with the kids, but we camp a lot and I'll take 2-3 hunting trips in the fall.

My current biggest desire is to upgrade springs and shocks and get it a little higher off the ground, maybe 2"? I'd love to hear any suggestions on DIY lifts. I've looked around at what some guys have done on this awesome forum but haven't definitively found out what would be best.

Who knows if I'll make it happen... But I've always wanted to custom build a road-armor style bumper. I weld and have all the know how... I've just never fully committed to it haha.

dankmaymay

Postby dankmaymay » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:48 am

Unrelated to any earlier posts but I'm wondering if you know what's the best way to fix a deep gouge on my right rear wheel cover panel, I got it while attempting an ambitious reversing move and struck a concrete post

Spencenaz

Postby Spencenaz » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:55 pm

OUCH! I'm assuming it carved deep through the paint and into the panel? If so, you're going to have to learn a whole new set of skills in order to repair it (i.e. painting, wet sanding, cutting, buffing and polishing).

If it has not penetrated the clear and base coat, you can usually polish scuffs out relatively easily with a 3M "scratch removal" kit you can buy and most auto parts stores.

If you want to send me pics or ask further questions we could get a personal message going, I'd be happy to help.

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”